Rough Water and a 260 >

Rough Water and a 260

Notices

Rough Water and a 260

Old 09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rough Water and a 260

Well against better judgement we (my wife & myself) took our 2003 Velocity 260 across lake Erie to Put-In-Bay last Saturday (Sept 25th). The reason I say against better judgement is becasue there was a small craft advisory in effect with seas 5-7 and swells to 9'. Fortunatly the wind (very strong) was blowing in the same direction we were traveling so we were in following seas. Although I got a bit wet, the Velocity was solid! We ran about 30-35mph through the roughest stuff and when possible I would step it up to 40 or so. I have been out in much less with my previous Baja and that boat scared me silly. The Velocity was rock solid. While I can't say I would go out in those conditions again (in my 260), it is nice to know it's capabilities.

Fortunatly the ride home the next day was MUCH smoother. We ran across the lake @ 45-55 most of the trip.