Like Tree0Likes

260 speeds what props and power

Reply
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
  #1
Racer
Racer
Thread Starter
 
gary cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chesterfield mi
My Boats: 26 velocity p-f-e racing 619 Cobra race boat
Posts: 630
Default 260 speeds what props and power

took our 260 out testing today getting ready for the opa worlds next month with a 28 hydro we went 90.2 at 6500 then tried a 28 b blades bravo went 88.7 on the chip at 6700 handeled better with the bravo going to test some bigger wheels tomorrow our power is a 510 low compression i would like to here some feed back on other power and prop combos . thanks p-f-e racing
gary cook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Default

I have run a best of 91.1 on gps with a nonlabbed 28 Hydro pulling 5400rpm. I talkedto Brett at BBlades and he wanted me to fo with a labbed 28 B1 on my 280. Boat will handle better with the B1 but will lose some mph with it. from my experience and alot of others, the Hydromotive will be the faster prop on a Velocity. You wouldn't be interested in selling that B1 by chance would ya? I have a new 30 hydro to sell/trade if you are needing more prop?
BLOWN85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 AM
  #3
Racer
Racer
Thread Starter
 
gary cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chesterfield mi
My Boats: 26 velocity p-f-e racing 619 Cobra race boat
Posts: 630
Default props and speeds

yes i would i have 2 28 bravos that b blades did give me a call shop-586-465-2120 cell-586-855-2807 i would sell one of them also measured the x dimension its to high we calculated the slip its at about 14 % so im going space it down we think at some time in this boats life somone raised it to high steve step and i were talking about it and we think 1 inch drop is going to be close to were he puts a high x. give me a call thanks gary. also i would make a trade for your 30 hydro.

Last edited by gary cook; 10-01-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: add on
gary cook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Default

I'll give you a call tomorrow. definately interested in trading my 30. I can't pull it. with the rpm you're turning, you'll turn it no problem.
BLOWN85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM
  #5
Racer
Racer
Thread Starter
 
gary cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chesterfield mi
My Boats: 26 velocity p-f-e racing 619 Cobra race boat
Posts: 630
Default speeds

blown 85 i recieved the 30 hydro we went out way to calm but it went 90.5 at 6400 then i put my 30 bravo on that i forgot about handeled way better and it went 91 flat at 6500 but i need to figure my slip out i think its still to high so i think if i can slip down a little more and get a little chop i think it will run ok. im going to space it down half inch more if we have time before leave to race this week dont want to wound it before we go top speed dosent matter in race trim in my class.

Last edited by gary cook; 10-10-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: none
gary cook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:06 PM
  #6
Registered
 
mikes280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: charlotte nc.
My Boats: velocity/proline
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary cook View Post
blown 85 i recieved the 30 hydro we went out way to calm but it went 90.5 at 6400 then i put my 30 bravo on that i forgot about handeled way better and it went 91 flat at 6500 but i need to figure my slip out i think its still to high so i think if i can slip down a little more and get a little chop i think it will run ok. im going to space it down half inch more if we have time before leave to race this week dont want to wound it before we go top speed dosent matter in race trim in my class.
if you are running 1.5 gears your slip is 26%
mikes280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
  #7
Registered
 
mikes280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: charlotte nc.
My Boats: velocity/proline
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN85 View Post
I have run a best of 91.1 on gps with a nonlabbed 28 Hydro pulling 5400rpm. I talkedto Brett at BBlades and he wanted me to fo with a labbed 28 B1 on my 280. Boat will handle better with the B1 but will lose some mph with it. from my experience and alot of others, the Hydromotive will be the faster prop on a Velocity. You wouldn't be interested in selling that B1 by chance would ya? I have a new 30 hydro to sell/trade if you are needing more prop?
if you have a 1.5 drive your slip is like 4 % that is un heard of?
mikes280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 AM
  #8
Racer
Racer
Thread Starter
 
gary cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chesterfield mi
My Boats: 26 velocity p-f-e racing 619 Cobra race boat
Posts: 630
Default props speeds

1.65 gear x is high we started at 2.750 below bottom spaced .500 down going down .500 more if i have time before we leave on wed not somthing that we have to do before we go racing but would like to get it dialed before it freezes up here going to throw the blower motor in change gear ratio and see how fast it will go.
gary cook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
  #9
Racer
Racer
Thread Starter
 
gary cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chesterfield mi
My Boats: 26 velocity p-f-e racing 619 Cobra race boat
Posts: 630
Default

mikes 280 i did the slip its at 17% with bravo 18% with the hydro.
gary cook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
  #10
Registered
 
mikes280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: charlotte nc.
My Boats: velocity/proline
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary cook View Post
mikes 280 i did the slip its at 17% with bravo 18% with the hydro.
i was figuring with a 1.5 not a 1.65 , you are right i got betwween 18% and 19% which is still high , i have got to ask why a 1.65 over a 1.5?
mikes280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.