41 Upgrades >

41 Upgrades

Notices

41 Upgrades

Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, Sorry to here that news, Thoughts with you brother.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by notda1
Another over powered Powell project . A liitle back ground on the man and his machines . When I first meet Bob , he had just upgraded from a 22' Velocity with a 400hp outboard to a 26' Velocity with twin 400hp out boards . After time goes on , Bob upgrades again , no suprise a Velocity . This time a 41' Velocity with twin 800hp Fords of course . If you follow the pattern through his boating past , you got to wonder is there some way to double the power again ? Is there any way to get twin 1600hp ? I asked the engine builder this same question . Don't think they can quite make it , you can bet they are gonna try !!!
He can buy a pair of 1400hp n/a Smith motors just email Bigyellowcat.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCESS ENERGY
Sorry guys, Lost my father a month ago, been real busy with work lately, after no work for 3 months, eating it up right now. New pictures and up dates soon. Thanks Bob
Bob,

Sorry to hear you lost your father. I know that shifts your priorities and schedule around for a while. Glad business has picked up for you. Looking forward to the project updates and catching up with you.

Rick
Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dad. We lost Cindy's dad about 2 months ago....I have been to way too many funerals lately. I hope that busy trend hits me.

Test boat is ready when your are.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Bob, Sorry to here that news, Thoughts with you brother.
Thanks VV. Hows you project coming along. Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
He can buy a pair of 1400hp n/a Smith motors just email Bigyellowcat.
Thanks, I like what I have, and what I'm going to end up with when I'm finished. Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Bob,

Sorry to hear you lost your father. I know that shifts your priorities and schedule around for a while. Glad business has picked up for you. Looking forward to the project updates and catching up with you.

Rick
Thanks Rick. I'm looking forward to finishing the project. We will catch up soon. Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Vicious22
Sorry to hear about your dad. We lost Cindy's dad about 2 months ago....I have been to way too many funerals lately. I hope that busy trend hits me.

Test boat is ready when your are.
Thanks Steve. Sorry to hear about Cindy's father.
Steve, I don't want to trash that Bravo drive of yours. Put a #5 on there and we will go after the fastest 26' ever record.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Thanks VV. Hows you project coming along. Bob
It's coming along Bob but slow this cat was a bare hull when I bought it not a wire one in it so it's gona take awhile to get it like we want it it. We are just taking it slow and doing it right one time. Planning a layout on a bare hull is a challenge in itself, Drive height, motor placement and all takes some time. She will be like a new boat when we are done. We do have most of the parts bought to do the project now. Engines / #6 Drives / Bam 1500 Trannys. Not near the HP you have though. We are at 850 per side with the 510's and single carbed 3.3L whipple chargers.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Upgrades-cid_a642550e2f1848ab831fdfb65364bc0.jpg   41 Upgrades-cid_dfd319e47bef450089cd10bb3e23250.jpg   41 Upgrades-cid_ad19335d918641f7976d44bda12615c.jpg  

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 05-01-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making some upgrades to the 41 over the winter. Motors were 600" N/A SVO FORDS made 840 hp and 825 torque. #3SSM drives. Boat has all the amneties and ran 93-95 on gps. Boat needed more prop so i think it would have been faster. Didn't spend the money on props because I knew i was going to make these changes. We are Building 600"SVO FORDS PSI supercharged motors. Adding #5 SSM drives. Pictures will be added with progress. Bob
A little history about Bob and projects, when he does something he does it right & gets results! When he first got this boat I remember being on board we were getting fuel at city docks (havre de grace, MD) and we heard a boat comming down the bay. We Looked, saw who it was, we knew him.( apache) Bob said we will catch him, I said no, he is already out in the bay and got a jump on us!! He said you watch! Pumped another good 5 mins worth of fuel in, (over 100 gal was taken on) and then we left. Had to idle out of the 6mph zone, then he was on it. We knew where he was going to hang out so we were going the same way, Bob was realing him in fast! As seconds passed by we were gaining quick only running inbetween 60- 70. Long story short we caught him got along side, Bob put his hand up to signal throttle down, he sped up, we satyed right with him (easy) Bobs hand up again to go he went again, we stayed with him. Did this until The Apache was rung out!! The Apache owner put both hands in the air signaling that all he had!! We both waved good bye and good bye it was indeed! pulled away so fast from him it looked like he just turned his key off!!! conditions were 2-3' chop (walk in the park for the 41' velocity') We were anchored in our spot drinking a chilly one before he showed up!! And that was with old power my friends. I cant imajine what kinda power this boat is going to have after all these upgrades.
They were many good times with BP. Pictures are looking great, hope progress is still going well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.