Notices

Prop?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop?

Hey Guys, Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I have another problem need solved by the great minds of this forum. I have am '88 steve step 22' velocity with a 454 (450hp) and a 1.50 bravo 1 drive with a 3 blade 23 p mirage prop. I can't get this boat to move faster than 63-65mph. I'm pretty much where I need to be as far as rpm's. A fellow velocity owner stated he had the same boat and prop and couldn't get past those speeds as well. So, what Prop and pitch would you guys recommend for me? Thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think you should be turning a 25p or 27p mirage with that hp on that boat. i had a baja 196 sport before i had my velocity and it turned a 25p mirage to a best of 68gps. i also had a 27p mirage that would do about the same top end but with harder planing. that was with a tired 330hp 454 and a 1.5 alpha. i know is a different hall, smaller boat, different drive, but the velocity 22 is a better hall and you have a lot more hp than i had. try and find some props to try, maybe try a 4 blade hydro. 25p or so.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Vel22,

I have a pair of labbed Hydromotive IV's that are 28's if you want to try one. I am just up the road from you in Pinellas if you are ever up this way and want to give it a shot.

Rick