Still Crazy 30'...

Notices

Still Crazy 30'...

Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Still Crazy 30'...

Driving home yesterday thru downtown Orlando, I passed the "Still Crazy" Velocity...Looks like someone just picked it up from the fiberglass shop as it appeared to have a brand new transom. Holes weren't even cut into it.

Nice to see when someone puts time and effort into an old ride to make 'em new again.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha, that was us on the way to drop the boat off at the Velocity Factory. The paint is done and just needs some more sanding and buffing. Rigging will start soon with the goal of getting done for the Jacksonville poker run. We have our fingers crossed

Check out the thread in General Discussion titled StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected for updates.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ya going with for power?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
Haha, that was us on the way to drop the boat off at the Velocity Factory. The paint is done and just needs some more sanding and buffing. Rigging will start soon with the goal of getting done for the Jacksonville poker run. We have our fingers crossed

Check out the thread in General Discussion titled StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected for updates.
AWESOME project! I took some time and went thru the full thread in the General forum. I will always love the 30' Velocity. Some of the pics you posted in the base white show why...the classic untimely lines of the 30, especially with the race deck will always be a great looking boat. Through my late high school years and thru college we had a 30' that I ran the dog snot out of up in the Northern Chesapeake. I really miss that boat and someday, I'd like to have another...

Good luck on your project as it appears you're getting close to the end...If you ever need someone to "stop by" and check in on Steve's rigging progress I would be more than happy as I now work not too far from the factory and pass it on a regular basis. (Passed by there today actually. )

Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more progress pics and even more excited to see the finished project.

Thanks for the great documentation and pics of your project!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. We'll be up at Velocity working on the boat again this weekend. Stop by anytime and check it out.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any new pictures !! Any progress .!! I want to see if that boat can still fly the way it did in the old days!!!!!!