Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
New to me! >

New to me!

Notices

New to me!

Old 05-05-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I'm at in Arkansas there aren't to many of these boats (powerboats). Lots of small jet boats that will spank you from start. I'm more interested in learning from people who actually had seat time. Knowing facts instead of rumor, some people!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Teague32TV
This boat has 30's on it. Will that slow it down?
Bravo or Hydromotive? Standard or Labbed? How many RPM? Lots of variables to consider. My advice - dial in the props once you have the seat time to make a fair comparison. It can be expensive otherwise - I know first hand!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Default Bravo

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Bravo or Hydromotive? Standard or Labbed? How many RPM? Lots of variables to consider. My advice - dial in the props once you have the seat time to make a fair comparison. It can be expensive otherwise - I know first hand!
Bravo labed 30 pitch no idea on rpms yet?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Those motors should last a few hundred hours if you treat them right .
Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Wow, just watched this vid...that jump at 4 min mark, you were very lucky... Looked violent.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Yea, that jump is something I won't be trying to duplicate!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM

It will be anchored a lot more than it will be running this summer! F'ing gas prices!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Default Reply

Originally Posted by Revelocity
I spoke with the previous owner and he told me he had the boat up to 87 empty with a 1/4 tank of gas. He said best he could recall the RPM's were around 5400. This boat doesn't have GPS so I'm guessing he was going by the speedo. Which usually isn't to accurate. Is there anything you know of on these boats that I need to watch out for. Leaks, things that will leave you stranded etc...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

I have a 32 know I've had mine runing at 92 but not for long . in the ocean in 2 to 4 you can run your your tabs up more in a flat conditions i run my taps at 6 plus and my drives at 5 plus and adjust as needed every boat is a little different I'm runing 600hp blowers 28 pitch 4 blades if you want to talk let me know I'm happy to help a new velocity family member ps still dialing mine in for top speed
Old 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

What helped me was putting a trim tab switch on the throttle if the boat is on a trailer you should use a straight edge to find out your neutral spot on your indicator mine needed positive trim tap to keep from porpoising but when I get the boat going I lift the tabs a little and the drives a littlemore but if you lift to much you'll start to Chinewalk not fun I have a wife we go out on the boat all the time but when you are practicing some of the things I told you don't bring your girl if you scare her and she won't like the boat like the boat not a good thing if the boat just let off and reset to much weight on one side of the boat it won't run right hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.