New to me! >

New to me!

Notices

New to me!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by REDS32
What helped me was putting a trim tab switch on the throttle if the boat is on a trailer you should use a straight edge to find out your neutral spot on your indicator mine needed positive trim tap to keep from porpoising but when I get the boat going I lift the tabs a little and the drives a littlemore but if you lift to much you'll start to Chinewalk not fun I have a wife we go out on the boat all the time but when you are practicing some of the things I told you don't bring your girl if you scare her and she won't like the boat like the boat not a good thing if the boat just let off and reset to much weight on one side of the boat it won't run right hope this helps
Mine has the tabs and trim on the throttle as well. I like that feature! I did notice that they don't move quite at the same speed. Is this normal? I had to reach up and bump the trim and tab single switch on the dash to even them up.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REDS32
What helped me was putting a trim tab switch on the throttle if the boat is on a trailer you should use a straight edge to find out your neutral spot on your indicator mine needed positive trim tap to keep from porpoising but when I get the boat going I lift the tabs a little and the drives a littlemore but if you lift to much you'll start to Chinewalk not fun I have a wife we go out on the boat all the time but when you are practicing some of the things I told you don't bring your girl if you scare her and she won't like the boat like the boat not a good thing if the boat just let off and reset to much weight on one side of the boat it won't run right hope this helps
Dude! Throw in a period every once in a while! Can you say, run on sentence....
Old 05-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was this boat up for sale @ one point on ebay? Anyway it shares the same name as mine (Terminal Velocity), however mine is just on the transom.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:41 PM

Default Yes

Originally Posted by low_psi
Was this boat up for sale @ one point on ebay? Anyway it shares the same name as mine (Terminal Velocity), however mine is just on the transom.
Yea, it was a reserve auction. Ended last Wed at 8:45. I went and looked at it last Saturday in T.N. and brought it home Sunday. It is show room clean!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Teague32,

Below is advice I was given by a wise man when I bought our 320.
1. Set the drives in the straight up and down position, not tucked in and not out but straight up and down. Take a sharpie and mark the indicators on the dash, This will let you know where the drives are. Same with the tabs mark them level with the hull.
Always attach lanyards to yourself not after but before you take off, your not a ***** if you use them your the smartest person in the boat.
2. Tabs down, drives tucked in.
3. Engage the drives and ease into the throttles to around 3K to 3.5K RPMS and wait to get on plane. Leave the drives and tabs alone.
4. After you are on plane easy into the throttles to around 4k to 4.3K.
5. Now comes the fun part. Leave the drives tucked in. Raise the tabs ever so slightly, Remember small increments are the key. You will feel the boat start taking off. Adjust the tabs so the boat is good and level. If you go up to far you will feel the boat start to porpoise. If it does this go down on the tabs, if it gets to bad slow down and in some cases stop and start over. OK your on plane, boat is good and level and you aren't porposing.
6. Now your ready to up the drives. Small increments bring the drives up. Not all at once or you will do a chine walk dance, slow and easy is the key. Bring the drives up a little and hold, see how she acts. then give it a little more and hold till you find the sweet spot. You will notice your going purdy fast at this point.
7. Bamm! she's pops up on the pad, now your really hauling the mail..Throttle up and hold on. If she falls off the pad give the wheel a quick yank. if she falls right yank left falls left yank right. When I say yank, 1/4 turn either way is enough
and don't be afraid to shut her down and start all over, I had to do it several times before I got the hang of it.
8. Don't get discouraged it is fun to have a drivers boat. Might be best to leave the wife home till you get the hang of it or at least let her know what to expect during this learning curve, Never in the cabin during this curve, bolsters in stand up position only and hands on the grab handles tell her. It's OK if she pisses in her pants they will wash out. Show her this video we made during my learning curve and she will respect what I'm trying to get thru to you guy's. During this first part of the video my K-planes got stuck in the up position watch her dance the chine walk. Watch the video all the way to the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqe4YsHKllM

I got a lot of advice from others on this site, had the pleasure of going for a ride with Kenny from Velocity, and have put in about 100 hours of drive time and it all boils down to take your time, learn the traits of the boat, be safe, and have fun.
Welcome to a great family and enjoy,
Rick

Last edited by Powerquest230; 05-10-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Default jump

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Teague32,

Below is advice I was given by a wise man when I bought our 320.
1. Set the drives in the straight up and down position, not tucked in and not out but straight up and down. Take a sharpie and mark the indicators on the dash, This will let you know where the drives are. Same with the tabs mark them level with the hull.
Always attach lanyards to yourself not after but before you take off, your not a ***** if you use them your the smartest person in the boat.
2. Tabs down, drives tucked in.
3. Engage the drives and ease into the throttles to around 3K to 3.5K RPMS and wait to get on plane. Leave the drives and tabs alone.
4. After you are on plane easy into the throttles to around 4k to 4.3K.
5. Now comes the fun part. Leave the drives tucked in. Raise the tabs ever so slightly, Remember small increments are the key. You will feel the boat start taking off. Adjust the tabs so the boat is good and level. If you go up to far you will feel the boat start to porpoise. If it does this go down on the tabs, if it gets to bad slow down and in some cases stop and start over. OK your on plane, boat is good and level and you aren't porposing.
6. Now your ready to up the drives. Small increments bring the drives up. Not all at once or you will do a chine walk dance, slow and easy is the key. Bring the drives up a little and hold, see how she acts. then give it a little more and hold till you find the sweet spot. You will notice your going purdy fast at this point.
7. Bamm! she's pops up on the pad, now your really hauling the mail..Throttle up and hold on. If she falls off the pad give the wheel a quick yank. if she falls right yank left falls left yank right. When I say yank, 1/4 turn either way is enough
and don't be afraid to shut her down and start all over, I had to do it several times before I got the hang of it.
8. Don't get discouraged it is fun to have a drivers boat. Might be best to leave the wife home till you get the hang of it or at least let her know what to expect during this learning curve, Never in the cabin during this curve, bolsters in stand up position only and hands on the grab handles tell her. It's OK if she pisses in her pants they will wash out. Show her this video we made during my learning curve and she will respect what I'm trying to get thru to you guy's. During this first part of the video my K-planes got stuck in the up position watch her dance the chine walk. Watch the video all the way to the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqe4YsHKllM

I got a lot of advice from others on this site, had the pleasure of going for a ride with Kenny from Velocity, and have put in about 100 hours of drive time and it all boils down to take your time, learn the traits of the boat, be safe, and have fun.
Welcome to a great family and enjoy,
Rick
That was you in the video almost getting ejected from the boat???
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Default What are your boat colors?

Originally Posted by low_psi
What color is your boat?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

No that was Velocity Vector the wise man. Remember I said I received lots of advice, didn't say I took it.

All kidding aside- just take your time getting comfortable running the boat before turning it up a notch. The 320 cruises like a Caddy at 60 but needs twice the attention at 70, then double it again at 75, etc.. V.V. did a heck of a job driving through that slight miscalculation but I'd rather not even go there....
Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Default Point taken!

Originally Posted by Powerquest230

No that was Velocity Vector the wise man. Remember I said I received lots of advice, didn't say I took it.

All kidding aside- just take your time getting comfortable running the boat before turning it up a notch. The 320 cruises like a Caddy at 60 but needs twice the attention at 70, then double it again at 75, etc.. V.V. did a heck of a job driving through that slight miscalculation but I'd rather not even go there....
Me either!

I've ask the question on here several times with no response. So I will ask you, are your trim and tabs the same speed from the single buttons on the throttle? Mine are off a little and was wondering if there was some adjustment to correct that?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

My boat does the same but you should check the fluid in the trim pumps some times people put thicker oil in one Side when adding fluid. When I bought mine it had thick oil in one and trim fluid in the other . When I changed it it got alot better . I still have to do a little adjusting but not as much. Powerquest 23 is giving you good advice . I still think to be safe if your tring all the new thing youve learned don't take the wife . The guy I bought mine from didn't his wife hit her head bad and his kid was all most thrown out. It's a skill take your time. Low psi sorry you don't like my writing. I'm learning and new at this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.