New Velocity Owner

Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT SURE IF IT WORKED
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered

@ Speedwad...496ho with B1X. The prop had been run through rocks/gravel I think. couldnt get it past about 62 by the speedo and only about 46-48 rpm. Just got it back from BBLADES. I wasnt sure if was repairable but I now get to stare at this work of art for the winter. Cant wait to test in the spring.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Speedwad and Sparkie,

Welcome to the family, great bunch of folks here to help with questions. Good luck, be safe, and most importantly ENJOY!
Rick
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! On my 290, I trim the drive out past vertical before I hit 70 and it keeps the chine walk away...Also on my fuel, I subtract 1/4 tank from the fuel gage reading and then its close (example 3/4 gage=1/2 tank)

Originally Posted by SPEEDWAD
Just wanted to say Hi to every one, Just bought a 1994 26ft thoroughbred in Sept. Had it out 6 times and absolutely love it......Need a lot more time to get used to it but so far I,m amazed at how well the boat handles..It has a 540bulldog with a Weiand 256 blower, 30p prop. Third time out I ran out of gas with a 1/4 tank showing ugh....... didn;t realize the gauge was that far off,........that won't happen again. Mid 70's it chine walks alittle, Kenny at the factory said to countersteer slightly back and forth to compensate. Is this common with any of your Velocitys ? Anyway hope to learn alot from you guys ! How do you insert pics ?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered

It sounds like a lot of boats have inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The boat REALLY ran great just before I ran out,....Then I was allitle pissed so I put in 75 galons in right after and wow what a difference in having all that weight.... so now on the smaller lakes I'll keep it around 1/2 tank or so ......I'll try the trimming tip you suggessted to bad this boating season is over . At some point in the future I will be looking for a newer Velocity, on the length though my 26 is 26 without the swim platform the new 26 looks like it includes the swim platform so is the newer 26 accually a 24 ?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, 24'3" to be exact. Kind of stupid to call it a 26. I wish they just called it what it is. They must think people are stupid
Old 11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered

Reved up, How is your's set up ? power, prop, add ons etc. Mine does not have a windshield and I thought I really needed one,... but after talking to Kenny at Velocity you still get blasted standing up,.... since I prefer standing I think I'll keep it without. Also it's really easy to slide onto the bow off the dash area.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Here are some pictures of my set up.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...e-them-28.html

As far as the windshield goes. Velocity makes 2 different windsheilds. One is lower and one taller like mine. The lower one looks much better, but the taller one is more functional. Also has a very sturdy frame which is nice. Seeing your in Michigan, I think you would like a windsheild. Hard to talk or even see without one. Also protects from bugs, water spray and cool or rainy weather.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Wow..... Your boat is seriously awesome...... So with the taller windshield the wind goes over your head while standing ? My 94 looks so dated compared to yours but it runs really good, I'm planning on redoing all the upholstery this winter to give it a newer look .......should suffice for a couple of years. How did you get the pictures in there? it asks for a URL when I try it, Thanks
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Registered

Thanks, its been a fun project.

It depends how tall you are as far as the wind going over your head. I'm 6 ft and if I stand straight up it hits you in the face. If you put your feet forward a little and push your back into the bolster it is about the right height to go right over your head.
Here's a link for posting pictures.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...t-big-pic.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.