Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Velocity 30 w/2x Merc 250xs, 2000 KeyWest 1720

Velocity 30 - new windscreen

We thought our new (to us) Velocity would be a lot more comfortable with a little wind protection. With help from Velocity and subcontractor Premium Marine (Cocoa, FL) we had one done. I have only seen the pictures, but Steve & Kenny claim that it looks like it was always part of the design. See attached.
    windscreen 001.jpg

windscreen 003.jpg

windscreen 005.jpg

Registered
    My Boats:
    06 Velocity 290SC
    Wow, that's a very nice looking 30' outboard Velocity! The windshield fits perfectly.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1987 30 Velocity 1600hp almost 100 mph 89 24 Skater twin 300x
    How much did it cost? Could you make another one?

My Boats:
    It was made by Premium Marine in Cocoa, FL. Check out their webpage at: http://www.premiummarine.com/. Cost was $3k installed. Kenny Hohwiesner at Velocity organized it and Steve & Kenny provided design guidance to Premium. Note the way the plexiglas is curled up along the top edge to direct airflow over the cockpit.
    The boat has not been in the water since the windshield was installed so we'll have to see how well it works to keep the wind off of us.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Velocity 290SC
    That looks really good--you can see that it was designed for the boat. Very nice that the Velocity team worked for and with you to make it happen.

Last weekend I was boating in 50 deg. temps and my windshield made a big contribution toward enjoying the day out!

Registered
    My Boats:
    2003 Velocity VR-1
    They have done a great job! That screen suits the boat really well.

My Boats:
    boating

velocity

thats a racedeck nice how fast does it go with that power looks like 2 250's i run 3 200's go 70 thanks tripps

My Boats:
    It runs 70-72 with normal load. I have very limited time running the boat and suspect that a few more mph can be found with the right props and engine height. The manual jack plate is set at the lowest height so I think some experimentation is in order. Kenny took one look at the engines and immediately suggested that they were too low. The boat is still at Velocity for work, so it will be a few weeks before I can start playing with it.
    The next project is getting the name on the sides. Chris Cruz, a graphic artist used by Velocity, will be doing the paint work. Name is, "Limoncello."

Registered
    My Boats:
    06 Velocity 290SC
    What props are you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighS View Post
    It runs 70-72 with normal load. I have very limited time running the boat and suspect that a few more mph can be found with the right props and engine height. The manual jack plate is set at the lowest height so I think some experimentation is in order. Kenny took one look at the engines and immediately suggested that they were too low. The boat is still at Velocity for work, so it will be a few weeks before I can start playing with it.
    The next project is getting the name on the sides. Chris Cruz, a graphic artist used by Velocity, will be doing the paint work. Name is, "Limoncello."

Registered
    My Boats:
    Velocity 290 VR- 1
    Beautiful boat but .....$3,000 for some lexan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast