New interior done by Velocity >

New interior done by Velocity

Notices

New interior done by Velocity

Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New interior done by Velocity

As you can tell from the pictures below this boat is in bad need of new skins! Over the summer I had Kenny Hohwiesner over at Velocity Powerboats re-powder coat my windshield frame and while I was there I got a chance to look around their factory at some of the interiors they were doing including a 35 Executioner and I was impressed. I figured these guys have been building boats for over 34 years and if they’re willing to work on my boat... why not.
In September I asked Kenny to order some of the factory embossed skins from Fountain but before our order could be completed Fountain shut down. After talking to Gail in parts at Fountain she didn't believe they were going to be able to get us those skins until Fountain opened back up. With no warning about a month ago the skins showed up! Gail said they are still slowly but surely trying to fill orders so I guess I just got lucky.
I met with with Brian, Velocity’s interior guy and he told me that he would have no problem installing the skins as is but recommended that I let him liven it up a little bit so it wasn’t so plain. He thought adding silver carbon fiber and a little more purple would really make it pop. Sounded good to me but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Before:

After:

Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts

Wow! Gorgeous! My 24' Sonic is being done right now and I never even though about gooing to a boat mfg for the work.
Well done. I'm jealous