What to know about a 320 >

What to know about a 320

Notices

What to know about a 320

Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What to know about a 320

Ok guys just curious what would I need to know about a 320, twin 502's what to expect, ride/comfort/amenities

thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought Velocity Vector's 320 back in July 2010- it's a great boat that we have had a blast with. Solid boats with an efficient hull that run pretty well with mild power, the pad bottom is very sensitive to trim and weight adjustments but once you get the hang of it with seat time you will love it.

Comfort and amenities: my wife had a pretty long list of requirements that included ac and a kitchen, after asking why she wanted a kitchen since she doesn't use the one at home.....well you get the idea.

Lot of helpful folks in the Velocity family plus Steve and Kenny at Velocity are a great resource. Get more specific with your questions and the experts on the board will chime in.

Are you looking at a particular 320?
Rick
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Ok guys just curious what would I need to know about a 320, twin 502's what to expect, ride/comfort/amenities

thanks
whoa this is a change up. The 320 is a DRIVER'S boat. The 320 is not a get in and put the sticks down boat like Formulas, whole different animal but when you get the hang of it they are going to run REALLY well. Whole pad bottom approach.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
whoa this is a change up. The 320 is a DRIVER'S boat. The 320 is not a get in and put the sticks down boat like Formulas, whole different animal but when you get the hang of it they are going to run REALLY well. Whole pad bottom approach.
Totally agree with the last poster. "ride/comfort/ammenties" generally aren't the first considerations for a Velocity 320. Speed and handling (for a driver with skills!) is more what the 320 is about. 320's also have a deep comfortable cockpit and decent ammenties for an "athletic" boat. Ride is subjective for what someone wants.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

"Ride, comfort, and amenities" - definition and expectations will vary greatly just like personalities which is why I included the crack about the wife's list. The 320 has a barely useable head and no Searay type amenities so it ranks pretty low on the wife's comfort list. My list includes the deep cockpit, supportive bolsters, good driver's ergonomics, very responsive hull, and it's a blast to drive once you learn how to drive it so it ranks high on my list.

When I first bought our 320 I didn't quite understand what others meant about having to learn how to drive it but quickly learned "she's" high maintenance and needs constant attention. Don't mean any of this in a negative way as the effort is well rewarded but if you are looking for a boat with a cruise mode the 320 isn't it...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the input guys
Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I can tell you this,I own one and I love it,it runs hard in all water conditions and performs great all of the time and the more power you put in it the better it performs.I am also very happy with all of the features of the boat as well as all the amenaties it offers,great boat and alot of fun.It is for sale also because I want a 390 or a 41 next.Good luck on your decision and if you buy one you will love it.
Bill