30 Racedeck info >

30 Racedeck info

Notices

30 Racedeck info

Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Racedeck info

My brother is looking at a 30 racedeck project boat but it's the only one I've seen with a flat windscreen (not Vee shaped)...

Any info on these boat would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

R u sure its a velocity does it have a pad? how much mine looks like that i can text pics 631 902 4665 tripps
Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tripps
R u sure its a velocity does it have a pad? how much mine looks like that i can text pics 631 902 4665 tripps
Yep...I'm sure its a velocity or at least a copy of one. It has the pad and the step/setback transom. BUT...the deck isn't a velocity. The windscreen isn't vee'd it's flat (like a 38 Cigarette). My brother talked to Steve Stepp and emailed some pictures and he doesn't remember a boat that looked like it. From the looking under the deck you can see where there were bulkheads at one point so I'd say it was a race boat at one point...it's all a bit of a mystery.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks alot like the shape of my old 30' , but my fairing was not straight across in the front .
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by notda1
Looks alot like the shape of my old 30' , but my fairing was not straight across in the front .
That's the general consensus...it looks exactly like every other 30 Velocity except for the fairing/windscreen.

I've found out some info on the boat's history but not much that tells us what it is exactly. It was brought up to Canada from the US. The PO spent a bunch of money getting the inside structure of the boat redone (transom, floor, tanks, cabin) and as they were moving the boat it fell from the crane. That did some damage to the bottom...and I guess at that point "they" discovered that the boat had a wet core....so it has sat for years. We've rescued the boat and pulled everything out and are in the process of recoring it...should be an interesting project (LONG term)...It has a plywood core so I'm thinking it's old but I can't find much in the way of a HIN...so...who knows...
Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess would be someone probably added that fairing to the boat