Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
280 to a 410 and have questions >

280 to a 410 and have questions

Notices

280 to a 410 and have questions

Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a bravo boat. I figured I would upgrade the gears to x gears like I did in my 280 and hope for the best. I really love my velocity and love the look of the 390 and 410. I'm looking forward to making the deal happen.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Joel's 41 is a great deal on a low hour boat , worth a look if you're in that market IMO
Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Unless you boat on flat water most the time, you definitely go faster for longer periods with the larger boat when you can span the sea conditions and keep your props hooked up. It will be a lot easier on the crew and in truth the boat - excepting the drives which you'll need to go to XR's ASAP with that HP and the 410 weight! Agreed that 90 MPH is possible and if I wanted a 410 I'd look at Joel's boat and likely stop there. There's nothing not to like about this move up to a 410 while being on the water - off the water just plan on spending more time with your boat and spending more money! Best of luck.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. I do boat on lakes that kick up and in the gulf so the size would definitely help.

I ultimately wanted a 390 because of the lighter with and speed because that's my thing, but we want to take the bait to the Bahamas and I think my wife would like the 410 better for all that it offers down below so to me it's a bit of trade off. I want the speed and I think she prefers the extras....I guess.

I will look at the boat you guys have mentioned. Any links?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Joel's boat is on the Velocity web site and boat trader