Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
powder coat 260/280 framed windshield?? >

powder coat 260/280 framed windshield??

Notices

powder coat 260/280 framed windshield??

Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powder coat 260/280 framed windshield??

I have the framed windshield on my 260 and I have never liked to look of the windscreen. I am thinking about having to powder coated a bright blue as my boat that blue accents on it now. Has anyone ever done this? any pictures? My wife thinks it will look stupid but I think it might make me finally accept he windshield. It is white now and I have never seen one any other color, but I have seen some fountains with the similar style framed windshield painted to match the boat and I think they look good. Any thoughts?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of the boat?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

I too have never liked the look of my framed windshield. I think Velocity could have done a much better job in the styling department. It is functional though. I think it would be a mistake to make it blue. You really don't want to draw attention to the big windshield as it will stand out more. I think you would be better leaving it white or make it a color that you don't notice. Making the boat faster would be a better option . No one wants to get beat by a big windshield boat.

Last edited by Revd Up; 05-11-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

If the boat itself is mostly white/off white, I don't think it will look good. You can buy some blue masking tape and cover up the frame to get an idea.