Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Kenny has left Velocity. >

Kenny has left Velocity.

Notices

Kenny has left Velocity.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Kenny is great to deal with he will do well with his business. I hope Velocity knows what they are doing, letting him go.

Padraig
Old 07-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Velocity from Kenny a few years back, First meeting was outside normal office hours, so trust me he is willing to bend over backwards to help you. Every time I needed help he was Johnny on the spot. No matter what you need, parts, service or a new ride Kenny is the man to call.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Got my first velocity a few years ago Kenny was a great help...Very sorry to see him leave..
How about the new owners
Old 08-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kenny was good to deal with, helpful and always eager to further the Velocity band. I only have one gripe about dealing with Kenny that ended up costing me several grand because of a complete screw up he made.

In 2010 I ordered a new powder coated aluminum Ameratrail trailer with premium wheels, led lights, torsion suspension, spare tire, stainless kit, the whole nine yards. I ordered it through Kenny at Velocity to ensure the proper fitment and told him I needed it for my 1996 Velocity 260. A 1996 260 is essentially a later model 280 without a molded swim platform, it measures a true 26'6". Kenny ordered and sent me the trailer. After paying to have it shipped to VA, I get it home and the trailer is 2 feet too short. He ordered and sent me a trailer for essentially a 24 foot Velocity. I called Kenny, he apologized, promised to take care of it and that he would get Ameratrail to build me another trailer. I drove the few hours back down to VA to drop the trailer off with a shipper.

A week later, I get a call from Kenny saying the trailer is on its way back. Trailer shows up and it the same F**king trailer, he just moved the bow stop 2 feet forward and put heavier load rated tires on it. The bunks stopped half way up the hull and only supported half the boat. The crank on the bow stop could not be used because it hit the jack. The jack would also not fold because it hit the bow stop. Now that that bow stop was placed 12 inches from the tongue of the trailer it towed way too nose heavy and because of the bow stop being located out of the triangulation frame section the trailer/tongue would flex several inches, beating the crap out of the bow. To put it lightly, I was pissed, having just spent thousands for a trailer that completely did not fit at all. I called him about it and kept saying I'll get back to you about it. I called for a few weeks and always gave me the same answer "I'll get back to you about it". Unless I wanted to sue, I really had no choice but to sell the trailer at a loss and get another one that actually fit, which intern cost me several grand because of Kenny's complete F**K up.

For years I haven't said a word about this to anyone out of complete respect for Steve Stepp and the Velocity name. I'm happy to say I'm glad Kenny is gone.

Last edited by speeddemon651; 08-04-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

Cant please everyone!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
Cant please everyone!
No Sir you can't...but

In my case it wasn't just as easy as being an unsatisfied customer. Kenny completely F**ked up and then tried to cover his tracks instead of doing the right thing and what he promised to do.

-It would be like you ordering size 10 shoes and then receiving size 8's in the mail.
-You then would be promised to be sent the correct size 10's which you paid for.
-Instead your automatically resent the size 8's back with the toes cut out of the shoes instead of what you actually ordered and paid for.
-Now think about that situation except based upon thousands of dollars.

I'm the least likely person in the world to complain, which is why your reading this 4 years after the fact and after he has already left Velocity. I took the loss on the chin and moved on. I only responded to the thread after reading page after page of people saying how good he was to work with and thought that people deserve to hear how he treated me. I too might have left the same good feedback here until he F**ked up ordering the completely wrong size trailer for me, then lied about sending me a new correct size trailer and avoided my calls for weeks to try to cover his tracks to avoid fixing his F**K up. I could have easily involved Steve and I'm sure he would have taken care of it but I believe in Karma, if you lie to and cheat people then sooner or later it will come back to bite you.

I hope the door didn't hit him on the way out.

Last edited by speeddemon651; 08-05-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered

Kenny is good people

Last edited by dalo int; 08-12-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Retract
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Registered

Thankyou to all I am still in contact with velocity to help them any way I can. If anybody needs anything please give me a call, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Old 12-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks, Kenny, Merry Christmas!

Padraig