New to me Velocity 280 >

New to me Velocity 280

Notices

New to me Velocity 280

Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Post 16 and what outdrive is holding together with that engine set up ? Surely if its a Bravo no matter which one, longevity could not be in the cards.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
Post 16 and what outdrive is holding together with that engine set up ? Surely if its a Bravo no matter which one, longevity could not be in the cards.
Max Marine Works gears and internals, they have worked great ! Out of Arizona,they build poker run and race boat drives.

92-93mph on (2) GPS with 4 people and full load, last owner said it hit 95mph a few times, using bone stock Bravo 30P (very thick but hasn't cracked -knock on wood), want to put 32P labbed on it next spring. Solid 95 with load would seem to be possible. BBlades is thinking it should hit 5200rpm with labbed 32P

Thanks for looking at my new ride, I like to look at others ,so thought I'd post it.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Now that's movin ! Congrats again on a beautiful boat.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I know MMW and their products - hung with the whole family by their tent half the day at the LHC boat show this year. Has the motor and drive package ate up any engine couplers or even coupler bolts ? Just asking as I would keep on eye on that. Hopefully you got all the weak links covered. Nice boat and a monster of a motor. Post some pics of your transom and drive. Good luck with the new boat.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I know MMW and their products - hung with the whole family by their tent half the day at the LHC boat show this year. Has the motor and drive package ate up any engine couplers or even coupler bolts ? Just asking as I would keep on eye on that. Hopefully you got all the weak links covered. Nice boat and a monster of a motor. Post some pics of your transom and drive. Good luck with the new boat.
So far so good, no issues yet ! Keeping the slippage in the 15-17% range helps, its when you want that great 12% that things get loaded and break.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I just blew my drive this last season with almost 700hp. I'm going with All American Drive, they are less money than MMW and they will give me a 24 month warranty at that power level. Once the drive is done I will start some serious prop testing. I think mid 90's is definitely within reach.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I just blew my drive this last season with almost 700hp. I'm going with All American Drive, they are less money than MMW and they will give me a 24 month warranty at that power level. Once the drive is done I will start some serious prop testing. I think mid 90's is definitely within reach.
Yeah reaching out for the numbers is usually the start of it all-LOL, that's the problem , do you want it to last or see that 95 -100 mph and then come the repairs. I'm sure I have enough to bang on high 90's min.,but I like to ride around , not work on it, so then there's the thick prop blades and high slippage. Cut the slippage down to near perfect and a great labbed prop your running great for awhile, till a cracked blade/thrown blade or broke drive, so i'll settle for low 90's all summer.
I'm thinking previous owner had a good theory on how to make it last and along with 53-5400 max rpm.

Good luck ThisisLivin, let us know if you get into the 90's that will be flyin.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I owned this boat for 11 years and I only broke the drive twice. 1 prop shaft, and 1 clutch shaft. once I got the latest and greatest Max Machine Worx internals I never worried about the drive after that. Some people claim they don't hold up and some say they do. My experience with MMW was nothing but positive and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future.

Randy best wishes with the boat and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531492[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]531493[/ATTACH]

A few more of Randy's new motor
Old 10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a beauty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.