Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
My First Velocity >

My First Velocity

Notices

My First Velocity

Old 11-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

There was an access panel cut by a previous owner I believe under the rear seat in my 280. From memory it was flush against the engine bulkhead and extended out about 8". It was about 2 feet wide. This allowed access to the sending unit and various tank hose connections.

I'd recommend getting a few more opinions before removing the valve however. It's there for safety reasons and you could potentially void your insurance policy. I know plenty guys with very big power that did not need to remove their anti-siphon valves to insure sufficient fuel flow. If you're concerned, I'd recommend replacing your old factory valve with a new one that flows more.

Originally Posted by Blackedout02
I figure this is the spot to ask.. My engine builder recommended i get to my fuel tank and remove the safety rollover valve.. Could someone tell me where i could access that from? Thanks
Old 11-10-2014, 10:00 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Instead of me typing it out you can read all about boat manu's in the USA meeting requirements from the USCG.

http://www.uscgboating.org/regulatio...rds_parto.aspx
Old 11-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely going to do some more homework before i start digging. i'd hate to remove anything i don't need to. I'm up in Vancouver Canada tho, so our coast guard regs/requirements may be different. i purchased the bought from Seattle and brought it up.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Registered

i came across this boat owned by a fellow member. for some reason i love the look of this windscreen much better, not sure if its just the tint. it seems the whole shape is different. anyone know if this is a standard or aftermarket windscreen?

Old 11-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered

Looks standard to me for late 90's or early 2000's models.

i came across this boat owned by a fellow member. for some reason i love the look of this windscreen much better, not sure if its just the tint. it seems the whole shape is different. anyone know if this is a standard or aftermarket windscreen?

Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Registered

hmm interesting, i still have a lot to learn about these boats. it looks like a much sleeker, rounder shape. i wonder if it would fit my 96. the boat pictured is a 98 and everything else looks identical. or maybe its the same and i just need to tint mine lol

Last edited by Blackedout02; 11-12-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Registered

Other than some likely differences in the mounting hole locations - I'm sure it would fit as it's very unlikely Velocity changed the deck mold from 96 to 98. The darker tinted windshields are angled lower and don't provide quite as much wind protection. I've owned both and personally wouldn't invest the $$$$ to change from one to the other!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Damn, it looks so much better tho. Maybe i'll get lucky and find one somewhere or have something made. I'd really like one to update the look of the boat as i'm having a full wrap done in the offseason. Any idea as to the price of a new windscreen from velocity anyone?
Old 11-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ziemer
You can try Velocity but since the new ownership and Kenny leaving, not sure how much help they will be. However, Kenny is still here in Central Florida and can most likely source anything you may need. The windshields are made in Cocoa and most likely they have the pattern. Give Kenny a shout and let him know what you're looking for. 407-402-0300
Great. Thank you for the info!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, it looks so much better tho. Maybe i'll get lucky and find one somewhere or have something made. I'd really like one to update the look of the boat as i'm having a full wrap done in the offseason. Any idea as to the price of a new windscreen from velocity anyone?
You can try Velocity but since the new ownership and Kenny leaving, not sure how much help they will be. However, Kenny is still here in Central Florida and can most likely source anything you may need. The windshields are made in Cocoa and most likely they have the pattern. Give Kenny a shout and let him know what you're looking for. 407-402-0300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.