26 outboard help >

26 outboard help

Notices

26 outboard help

Old 12-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 26 outboard help

Hey guys, looking for some input on the 1992 26 outboard that has been on ebay. I have a 86 22 velocity now. I have been talking with the owner of the 26 down in Florida. I had a fiberglass guy look at it, it needs a transum and a repair on the front. He also said there are some stress cracks under the rub rail. I dont know much about the 26. What kind of speeds could I expect with a pair of 250 or 300. Does anyone have an idea on what this thing is even worth needing the work it does. Thanks for the help
Old 12-05-2014, 04:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sometimes doing the transom on outboard boats can require pulling the top cap off in which can be expensive. Then the problem you can run into while trying to pull the top cap off is, the smaller boats a lot of times are foamed filled making it impossible to pull off. Have ran into this before but NOT saying this Velocity is that way nor needs the top cap pulled to replace the transom. Anyways just giving you some heads up to checkout way before you get to deep in this as what might be required for a transom job on a Velocity 26. I never seen 26 Velocity outboard in person so I can not say for sure how hard or how easy it would be.

Also we have used www.transomrepair.net with really good results. You have to follow the instructions to a T and watch out NOT to create air voids. Anyways hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited by BUP; 12-05-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cap does not need to come off it is not that big a deal