Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory! >

Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory!

Notices

Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory!

Old 06-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess they ran Kenny off to. They have some new guy there that's a real unique individual.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm visiting Florida in two weeks and Velocity WAS one of several builders I'm looking at. I visited them back in March when me, Kenny, Steve and Scott talked about building an outboard powered VR1 but after hearing this bad news I can say without Steve supervising the build his way..., No deal. Period.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Registered

The 1981 30' Velocity that BUP mentioned that Steve told him about is mine. Had it moved from the factory a few months ago as Steve wasn't around the factory as often and with the work going on they wanted to start charging me storage fee in an effort I guess to get me to move it anyway. Still have missing parts which they removed from it to start the restoration process. By the sound of things, customer service then versus now is like night and day.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dalo int
The 1981 30' Velocity that BUP mentioned that Steve told him about is mine. Had it moved from the factory a few months ago as Steve wasn't around the factory as often and with the work going on they wanted to start charging me storage fee in an effort I guess to get me to move it anyway. Still have missing parts which they removed from it to start the restoration process. By the sound of things, customer service then versus now is like night and day.
Joel, Steve actually has an '81 also that he bought recently and is in the process of restoring. It came out of LI, NY and he molded up a new hull to go under it. Steve posted a pic about a week ago on his Facebook. Hope yours is coming along now also.

Just sad to hear about the issues at the factory. Mine was going to be there for my rebuild too, but after hearing the stories, it went direct with Kenny.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Anyone know why the website is down????? Maybe Steve still owns it?

Looks like Kenny at LTB is going to be busy. People are losing trust in the factory.

Padraig
Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered

It's back up.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In 1997 I was traveling around the nation talking to a number of boat builders about building a Factory 1 race boat. I don't remember the name of the gentleman at Velocity I'd had conversations with, but we went to the race in Biloxi to meet him and Steve Stepp in person and discuss details. This guy walks me over to Mr Stepp, introduces me and tells him I am going racing and looking at building a new Velocity. Steve says "Hi" and walks away with zero interest.
The rest is history;

BTW We've never been beat by a Velocity

(at least, not by one that passed inspection )
Old 06-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

I would not want steve around either , not if I was driving the company that he built into the ground. Steve is a very strong individual with strong opinions with no fear of expressing such. He takes the lead with his desigtions . Right wrong or what ever . He may have been correct more often than not. as we saw Velocity prosper in it formative years . The Economic crash sort of put the brake on that for everyone. But now that the economy has stabilized some companies are on a strong rebound with smart management and leadership . Steve may have been a bit old fashion with a sell one build one and work hard attitude , but it worked .
When you sat in steves office there was no wishy washy conversation going on just strait forward ' THIS IS THE WAY I SEE IT" ideals and actions. Let us hope that velocity can take a stepp back and recharge the velocity ideal .
Old 06-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gordo
In 1997 I was traveling around the nation talking to a number of boat builders about building a Factory 1 race boat. I don't remember the name of the gentleman at Velocity I'd had conversations with, but we went to the race in Biloxi to meet him and Steve Stepp in person and discuss details. This guy walks me over to Mr Stepp, introduces me and tells him I am going racing and looking at building a new Velocity. Steve says "Hi" and walks away with zero interest.
The rest is history;

BTW We've never been beat by a Velocity

(at least, not by one that passed inspection )
Sorry that steve was not so polite , but I also heard the Gerneral Patton was not always , polite either
Old 06-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve didn't know me from Adam when we bought our now 25 year old Velocity a few years ago and couldn't have been nicer when i was at the factory. He personally looked over the boat when we bought it and gave me several pointers on setup and things to check. We've since had several conversations, some of which were just BS sessions on boat racing days, his relationship with the Allison family and even the time he broke the 100 mph mark a couple weeks ahead of Reggie. Both he and Kenny have always treated me like a "new boat buying" owner and I couldn't be more appreciative.

Kenny has my boat now and I've been extremely pleased to date. I get daily updates with pics and would recommend him to anyone needing a facelift on an older boat.

I wish Steve and his wife Kim the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.