New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260 >

New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260

Notices

New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260

Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260

I'm a newbie to the site, just bought a 2003 Velocity/496 Mag. I've got a couple questions concerning this boat/motor:

1. The internal stock exhaust flapper disc; I'm missing one and the other sounds tinney (rubber gone), where do you get these ? (It also has the outside clamp on flappers)

2. The drive decal on this Bravo outdrive says "BRAVO X", different than a BRAVO 1 how ?????

3. Drive shower, it has one tube shaped in a "U" fashion, up from the cav plate (each side) to wrap around the top gear case spraying 3 sides of the top input housing, is this setup better than a shower cap ?

4. Previous owner removed the windshield, any replacement parts available for this or does one just need to make their own ?

And last but not least, looking to see what everyone else has done with their boats.

Thanks for your time.

Gary

Last edited by 90profx; 10-16-2015 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 90profx
I'm a newbie to the site, just bought a 2003 Velocity/496 Mag. I've got a couple questions concerning this boat/motor:

1. The internal stock exhaust flapper disc; I'm missing one and the other sounds tinney (rubber gone), where do you get these ? (It also has the outside clamp on flappers)

2. The drive decal on this Bravo outdrive says "BRAVO X", different than a BRAVO 1 how ?????

3. Drive shower, it has one tube shaped in a "U" fashion, up from the cav plate (each side) to wrap around the top gear case spraying 3 sides of the top input housing, is this setup better than a shower cap ?

4. Previous owner removed the windshield, any replacement parts available for this or does one just need to make their own ?

And last but not least, looking to see what everyone else has done with their boats.

Thanks for your time.

Gary

Welcome!

1. For the internal flappers try CP Performance/Keith Eikert.

2. As I recall the Bravo One X was slightly stronger than the Bravo One. Don't remember the details as to why.

3. Cap is likely better but on a light, 24' pad bottom boat with stock Mag power you shouldn't have drive issues anyway provided you throttle reasonably well.

4. Call Kenny at Lets Talk Boating for a quote on windshield. They're expensive.

Best of luck and take your time learning your new Velocity!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats on the new Velocity. They are fantastic boats. Ditto on contacting Kenny. He is the man for things Velocity.

Wher are you located?

Padraig
Old 10-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Registered

Congrats.. Best of luck with her. They are definitely one of my favorite boats!!
Old 10-17-2015, 04:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Congrats on the new Velocity. They are fantastic boats. Ditto on contacting Kenny. He is the man for things Velocity.

Wher are you located?

Padraig
Southwest Ohio
Old 10-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Welcome!

1. For the internal flappers try CP Performance/Keith Eikert.

2. As I recall the Bravo One X was slightly stronger than the Bravo One. Don't remember the details as to why.

3. Cap is likely better but on a light, 24' pad bottom boat with stock Mag power you shouldn't have drive issues anyway provided you throttle reasonably well.

4. Call Kenny at Lets Talk Boating for a quote on windshield. They're expensive.

Best of luck and take your time learning your new Velocity!
Do you have anymore info on Kenny, number, link etc.....
Old 10-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Registered

Congrats Gary, My number is 407-402-0300 Kenny
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by letstalkboats
Congrats Gary, My number is 407-402-0300 Kenny
Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much for the contact info, I'm sure we'll be talking allot as this is all new to me coming from a 21' Tunnel Boat/Merc 300x O/Board to an I/O, I'm a little overwhelmed to say the least. I'll give you a call next week, any particular time of day good for you ?

Thanks,
Gary
Old 10-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

http://www.go-fast.com/mercruiser_bravo_sterndrives.htm

Welcome to the Velocity family! The above link will show the differences between out drives. The X is a nice addition vs the standard Bravo.

Many brands and ideas on drive showers out there. Some say water on the top cap is better and some like water hitting the upper gear case. Do a search and you'll drive yourself crazy with info. My personal brand is Simrek.

Kenny H will take care of you. He was awesome working with on my Velocity.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Registered

To all, Anytime is ok to call me. Thankyou Kenny 407-402-0300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.