Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 07-25-2017, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI...............

Water is this the muddiest color I've ever seen in years and it's been that way since May, here's the debris wash in from the fluctuating water levels between storms......... This cycle has been going on since May with no breaks in between, always debris/whole trees floating down stream.......

Friday:

Saturday:
Old 07-25-2017, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by modvp
Wow!
Yep, its pretty frustrating waiting for a good boating day locally........................
Old 07-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 90profx
I'm just about to winterize the boat for 2017........., we've had so much rain that as soon as our waterways clear from all the debris another major storm comes through and dumps another 3-5" of rain washing in more debris. It's been a really-really bad year here for boating. Our local propeller repair shop here went from a 2 day turn around to being 3-4 weeks out, what's that tell ya. Went out twice locally, hurt my BBlade 26P Bravo, sent it out for repairs, 2 weeks later hurt it again so it's back out for repairs again. We were able to have a great day out after a drive to Lake Cumberland KY, but even there the lake had good sized floaters as well from the heavy rains they too have had.

So while the boat just sits waiting for better waters, got the rear seat conversion finished, went from the 3 rear seat cushions to a 1 piece seat cushion, also changed up the color from white to yellow. I think it turned out real nice................

Next project; changing the removeable carpet to snap in carpet to keep it in place.

OLD 3 PIECE SEATS:

NEW 1 PIECE SEAT:
Turned out nice. Planning on redoing my rear seats this winter. Might look into your single idea. Definately like the solid color vs white. When there's debris in our water I normally drop the tabs and plow around 20mph. Standing and scanning like a Uboat captain on the conning tower!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Registered

Wow is right! Looks like a logging factory!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Registered

Latest update, changed the side decals to something a little more bold and color related:

Sun Pad is coming off next week for new vinyl and harder foam, foam that was there is totally non-supportive now.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Lookin good
Old 09-27-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Just saw your thread, I bought a 1998 280 with 50 hours on it and pretty much did the same thing. New Mitcher T paint on the outside, new matching interior. I was lucky and the stereo was already done and didn't need any work. I added GPS and VHF and integrated them for DSC. Added shore power connection for the nights out on the islands. It had an external cylinder for the steering, I had to add the hydraulic helm and re-plumb the lines. I had Lightning headers and with the extra horsepower on the engine rebuild, I had to add mufflers. I was told I could be heard after I disappeared over the horizon which is about 11 miles. First time I started it in the harbor the echo off the rock wall was deafening. I added a ton of gauges with the new motor to make sure it lives. I've spent several seasons working on the carb to get it just right, no soot under the swim platform even after idling down the river for over an hour. I get almost 3mpg at 55 and no hesitation on hard acceleration from idle. I think the MSD ignition with their new coil helps with that plugs look brand new after a season of running hard. Now that it's all done, I need another project. I want a 39 now, but I have to build a bigger garage first, LOL, it never stops. It was a blast doing it and we were able to enjoy it along the way. I keep it in a heated garage so I could work on it over the winter so I never had to go to long without being on the boat.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
Just saw your thread, I bought a 1998 280 with 50 hours on it and pretty much did the same thing. New Mitcher T paint on the outside, new matching interior. I was lucky and the stereo was already done and didn't need any work. I added GPS and VHF and integrated them for DSC. Added shore power connection for the nights out on the islands. It had an external cylinder for the steering, I had to add the hydraulic helm and re-plumb the lines. I had Lightning headers and with the extra horsepower on the engine rebuild, I had to add mufflers. I was told I could be heard after I disappeared over the horizon which is about 11 miles. First time I started it in the harbor the echo off the rock wall was deafening. I added a ton of gauges with the new motor to make sure it lives. I've spent several seasons working on the carb to get it just right, no soot under the swim platform even after idling down the river for over an hour. I get almost 3mpg at 55 and no hesitation on hard acceleration from idle. I think the MSD ignition with their new coil helps with that plugs look brand new after a season of running hard. Now that it's all done, I need another project. I want a 39 now, but I have to build a bigger garage first, LOL, it never stops. It was a blast doing it and we were able to enjoy it along the way. I keep it in a heated garage so I could work on it over the winter so I never had to go to long without being on the boat.

Lets see some pics of this boat before the snow flies..................
Old 09-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Sorry, haven't figured out the picture upload without having them on the internet somewhere, I can e-mail them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.