390 Velocity speed potential? >

390 Velocity speed potential?

Notices

390 Velocity speed potential?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:19 AM
sl
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running labbed MAXIMUS props on the SCX's. Not the fastest at the top end but very good getting on plane and good mid range acceleration/speed. Low slippage, part of the reason why I ate up the XR drives.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo1
Sl,
Are you running bravo style props or speed master props on,your scx's? I figure at some point I'll end up going scx myself. I really don't see these max machine worx drives holding up long term.
You're no better off with the Max Machine over the stock XR's. Actually better with the Merc's after what I saw on a set with less than 10 hours on a set of Max Machine.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't doubt that with the max machine drives. Just a more expensive XR with a bigger top cap. I am going to try and make them work for next summer at least. I can only afford so many projects at a time, and I am sure I will spend way more than I intend to on the motors this winter. Not to mention props and other misc parts. These hydro P5's suck getting on plane.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told the blue 700 boat's engines had been modified at some point . Still very impressive performance from the package . Would have liked to have gotten my hands on that one .