Low Profile Windscreen for 260 >

Low Profile Windscreen for 260

Notices

Low Profile Windscreen for 260

Old 03-02-2016, 04:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Profile Windscreen for 260

I'm kicking around adding the low profile windscreen (in black if possible or very dark smoked) I've seen in pics of other Velocity 260's, really like the look. Any info as to where to buy ? Also need to know what the height is above the dash double bubbles, it's already a tight fit to get into the garage, don't have much room to go higher, and last but not least what's the price on one ? Here's a pic I copied from the web:

Thanks

Last edited by 90profx; 03-02-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:48 AM
Registered

Don't know where to get one but that boat had the original smoked windshield tinted with car tint which didn't hold up the next owner had it wrapped in white which I think now looks terrible

Last edited by Rockyone; 03-02-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rockyone
Don't know where to get one but that boat had the original smoked windshield tinted with car tint which didn't hold up the next owner had it wrapped in white which I think know looks terrible
I hear ya on the tint. My tunnel boats windscreen was crazed from age, it was smoked but you could still see the crazed lines in the lexan so I had it Hydro Dipped Carbon Fiber and then clear coated, held up great.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 90profx
I'm kicking around adding the low profile windscreen (in black if possible or very dark smoked) I've seen in pics of other Velocity 260's, really like the look. Any info as to where to buy ? Also need to know what the height is above the dash double bubbles, it's already a tight fit to get into the garage, don't have much room to go higher, and last but not least what's the price on one ? Here's a pic I copied from the web:

Thanks
This is a Kenny H. question as he knows the various Velocity suppliers and proper part numbers to fit the 260 deck.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

Kenny replied this morning too, I'm work'n it.............
Old 03-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90profx

Thanks
From the top of the dash above the cabin door (not the bubbles) is 6" exactly
Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Registered

From the top of the dash above the cabin door (not the bubbles) is 6" exactly
Thank you very much for that info, that'll help allot to figure out if it'll work or not. Would you happen to know how/where is the windshield attached to the hull ? Just wondering since I have snaps for my cockpit cover located where it looks like the windshield goes. I think Kenny said the 280 & 260 take the same windshield. I'm still having a hard time justifying spending $2k+ on something decorative that serves little to no function other than aesthetics/curb appeal, but at the same time I'll have to admit it's sorely needed to address the double bubble/cleavage look from the front of the boat.....

If anyone was some close up pics of the install to share that would be great.

Last edited by 90profx; 03-07-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

I took the measurement on sunday then left for florida I'll be back around 3/19 and can send you some pics if you can wait, the boats just look so much better with them IMPO and they do deflect the wind well
Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

I took the measurement on sunday then left for florida I'll be back around 3/19 and can send you some pics if you can wait, the boats just look so much better with them IMPO and they do deflect the wind well
Thank you very much, no hurry, not going anywhere soon. I'm still talking to myself about spending $2K+ for this.....Some additional pics of where my snaps are in relation to where the windshield may go...

As you can see, my concern is where the windshield would attach and what's going to happen the the snaps for the cockpit cover. It's about 1"
from the flat area to the snaps.

And here you can see the snap position going down the side.

Last edited by 90profx; 03-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

If my memory is correct, on my 280 the cockpit snaps are in about the same area. Unfortunately my boost is covered now, but I should have some pictures. I'll try to find them.

I have the higher wind shield fwiw.

Last edited by underpsi68; 03-08-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.