Hydromotive or Bravo? >

Hydromotive or Bravo?

Notices

Hydromotive or Bravo?

Old 01-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydromotive or Bravo?

Which prop works best on this hull? Back when I owned mine it was the Hydromotive and that's what came shipped from the factory...is this still true?
Old 01-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The mid range cruising is much better with the Bravo1. I have a 28 4 blade on a 280',and it works awsome.55 mph at 3500.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Registered

Default Bravo or Hydromotive

Bravo will usually work better for planning and cruising, but by far the hydromotive will have a better top end than bravo. Usually about 2 to 3 mph more top end
Old 01-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Registered

I like the bravo as well
Old 01-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Registered

I really like the labbed Bravos over the Hydros on my 41, it's a much better all round prop. I only see about 1 mph difference in the top end but I like the way the Bravos handles much better. I think in the rough stuff the Hydros are a little easier on the drives. I went 5 years without breaking a drive, the first year with the Bravos and I busted one.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Mad Hatter

Here's my results, tested a bunch of props last summer.

Hydromotive: Didn't get the best topend but handling and holeshot where decent.

Bravo: 2nd best topspeed, best handling in rough water (by far) and at cruise speed.

Mirage: Best topspeed and topspeed handling. But the worst in the rough water. Easiest to keep "on the pad" at topspeed.

I've resorted to keeping my bravo in the boat incase it gets rough. I haven't actually bought the mirage yet but its on my boat and I'm planning to buy it.

BTW I have a 22' w/ hp500 so its a single, characteristics change completly when talking about a twin

Old 01-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
Here's my results, tested a bunch of props last summer.

Hydromotive: Didn't get the best topend but handling and holeshot where decent.

Bravo: 2nd best topspeed, best handling in rough water (by far) and at cruise speed.

Mirage: Best topspeed and topspeed handling. But the worst in the rough water. Easiest to keep "on the pad" at topspeed.

I've resorted to keeping my bravo in the boat incase it gets rough. I haven't actually bought the mirage yet but its on my boat and I'm planning to buy it.

BTW I have a 22' w/ hp500 so its a single, characteristics change completly when talking about a twin
MAD HATTER,
I have a 230 Velocity 1989 was part of the Regal years. I'm running a supercharged 454 with 550 dyno horsepower and external hydraulic steering. Have 27P mirage with 1.5 Bravo crescent nosecone. Boat seems to want a lot of positive trim to keep from pushing off the pad onto the bow when running over 5000 RPM. No handling issues at all if trim way up then accelerate. If try with neutral trim or slight positive and she is a handful. Rides on rails if your trimmed up first. Do you see this with your 22? My previous 22 Velocity never had any of this bow steer but just had the 454 mag. The 230 cooks with the SC when she is trimmed right. What pitch mirage do you use with the HP 500 and how fast does she turn it. Trying to dial mine in but still can easily turn to 5500 RPM on a cool day a lot tougher at 100 degree day. Found the mirage will ventilate easily accelerating in a turn. Thinking of sending it in for a lab job.

Vmax
Old 01-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Mad Hatter

I'm also running a 27p mirage, its hitting the rev limiter right now, I tried a mirage 29+p and that was just way to much prop. So I'm thinking like a 28+p might be the trick. When I was testing I would start at nuetral, go WOT and then start trimming because each prop seemed to like different trim.

With the bravo it felt like the nose just wouldn't come up, at all. It never felt like it was on the pad. Which leads me to believe my x dem might be a bit low. I like to try an IMCO shorty but not to many people would just let you "borrow one." Especially if you don't have the money to replace it if you break it.

I got beat by a 38 cig last summer so I gotta get my speed up to snuff, it should be a mid to upper 80's boat from what velocity is telling me.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Registered

I'm thinking 28P would be about right also to knock a couple hundred off from the RPMs up top. Right now it planes fairly fast with all the SC low end torque available. I think I'm running at least mid 80's now with the RPMs. I have been considering sending my mirage off for the accelerator upgrade by Houston prop to fix blow out issues. Maybe having it repitched to 28 would help also. Let me know if you try a 28 mirage and how it works.We are probably somewhat close on installed horsepower given my side exhaust and mufflers. Seems I have to run a slight rooster tail to stay on pad and get out of the bow steer issues. My 22 velocity had a little less X dimension than the 230 and staying on pad was never a issue. Getting on plane was slow though.

Vmax
Old 01-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

STEET HAS IT RIGHT

Quick Reply: Hydromotive or Bravo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.