Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
88 22' Velocity-> Good, Bad, Indifferent? >

88 22' Velocity-> Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Notices

88 22' Velocity-> Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Old 08-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 88 22' Velocity-> Good, Bad, Indifferent?

getting kind of defenseive aren't you! I sold half the boats that are in steves new flyers. the 39 in the new flyer was ours and they forgot to mount the steering correctly and the boat broke the steering loose at 85mph and almost killed everyone onboard including myself. the boat spunout throwing everyone like pinballs inside the boat. velocity did not follow the directions and mounted the zieger steering to the bravo drives using only the three bolts that are designed to keep the end cap on the bravo drive. no studs! it was supposed to have 4 studs!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered

And You Are Advertising Velocity's For Sale On Others Sites Why?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Registered

part one... the 22 velocity is a cool boat (either the regal or velocity). The new 22 velocity are really cool with the 300x on it, just hang on tho.

part two... Rock Hard is a pretty good guy. He hasn't had the best luck dealing with Velocity as one would think. He has sold a ton of Velocity's up here. I love my boat 2002 280 w/496HO (204 trouble free hours), I have some small stress crack around the swim step handle (not a big deal, but), Velocity said they will fix and that is cool, but it took a bit to get that answer. But I can say I've seen the quality of workmanship go down since I bought my boat. Which really makes me sick. Because I would love to buy a 390 with 525EFI, but After the last two boats (both friends of mine) that have hit the water. Both have had problems, and not small ones either. I would think the factory would step back and check the QA process. Oh, and FYI I'm not a step hull fan.

PS.. The local reputation of Velocity is being hurt because of just a few with problems that should have not left the factory.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rock hard,

Please do us a favor and keep your problems with the factory between you and them. We're on this forum to enjoy Velocity, not take shots at them or each other.

Thanks in Advance for you Cooperation.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Sorry for the thread hi-jack….

But I find it disturbing that some of you don’t wants to hear about crappie workmanship, and or crappie customer service. I personally want to hear about the good and the bad. And how the bad is being handled, I’m somewhat new to the sport but some of the answers I’ve heard lately are pretty outlandish. (And this is from several manufactures). In my opinion if I’m spending the money on a new boat it should be built right. Does anyone not agree? And what I’m talking about is having voids in a foam cored boat (good friend is going though this now), using the wrong length screws (And having them poke though the leather, and the gel), not installing part as directed by the suppler. I’m sure other manufactures are having the same problem. I know I deal with it daily at work, and I constantly revise installation processes and drawing to fix build/installation problems. But as a consumer I would like to hear about it and how the manufacture is addressing the problem.

Back to lurk mode..
Old 08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I Owned A 1988 23'6" Regal Velocity For 6 Years With A 454/bravo. It Was A Solidly Built Boat And Consistantly Ran 65+mph. The Boat Had Alot Of Room For What Was Truely A 22' Boat. The Added Swim Platform Was Smartly Integrated And The Boat Had Great Lines Visually. The Only Drawback Was Regal's Cheap Materials Used Under The Vinyl Work Which Is Easily Fixed. I Would Love To Have That Boat Back With A 500hp!!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Registered

What do you mean when you say the "cheap materials under the vinyl"???
Old 08-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Regal boats were not hand laid like the stepp boats. They were mainly made using chopper gun technique. Therefore, they were a little heavier. In addition, biaxial and triaxial glass was not extensively used in the lay-up process.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I Owned A 1988 23'6" Regal Velocity For 6 Years With A 454/bravo. It Was A Solidly Built Boat And Consistantly Ran 65+mph. The Boat Had Alot Of Room For What Was Truely A 22' Boat. The Added Swim Platform Was Smartly Integrated And The Boat Had Great Lines Visually. The Only Drawback Was Regal's Cheap Materials Used Under The Vinyl Work Which Is Easily Fixed. I Would Love To Have That Boat Back With A 500hp!!!!
I owned the 87 Regal Velocity with 454 and alphawith nose cone 6 years 225 hours zero stress cracks. 80 hours were from LOTO wish is wash board pounding. Only issue I had to through drill windshield screws and put on lock nuts. Put on a high rise manifold on a 330 and you can get 70 plus out of this boat all day long with a 23P.

I have a 89 Velocity 23'6" Bravo one with a supercharged 454 550 HP engine and manifold referenced 800CFM Holley has 25 hours and hydraulic steering. Runs low to mid 80's. Boat has 217 hours no stress cracks. Floor is solid as a rock. Seats still original. Have not had time to use it much since I moved and started new job. My wife wants me to sell. Willing to part with it reasonably. (936) 639-2178
Old 09-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

Anyone Know Of Any 91 Or Older 22's

Quick Reply: 88 22' Velocity-> Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.