Velocity trivia...

Notices

Velocity trivia...

Old 07-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity trivia...

Hey was wondering if someone knew the History of when Stepp first
sold velocity to regal? and what year this occured in...
Well we are on the subject when did he get it back? thanks MW
Old 07-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Velocity trivia...

And what practical use do you have for this information ? That's water that has long since been under the bridge, forget about it.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Registered

Default Re: Velocity trivia...

I say he sold the molds to Regal in 1986-87, started building Thoroughbreds in 1991, and got the Velocity name back in 1994. I should know about getting the Velocity name back because I bought a brand new 26' in 1994 and it was a Velocity.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Question Re: Velocity trivia...

Why don't you come to the VELOCITY RALLY and ask him yourself???
Old 07-27-2004, 05:54 AM
Registered

After looking at some old price sheets last night I found that it was 1993 when you could purchase a "Velocity" or a "Thoroughbred" from Steve. The Velocity was intended as a "stock" boat with up to a 502 EFI. The Thoroughbred was intended as a "custom" boat with higher horsepower and optional Kevlar(R) hull.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

Okay.. let me make this easier apparently there are some people *cough trippin cough cough* have problems with me having asked that question...
I have a 87 22 foot velocity.. I was told by the previous owner Owen Borris (ex- outboard world speed record holder, and friend of stepps from back in the day when they both raced) that it's actually the last boat stepp built before regal... .So im just trying to find out if the years match the what Ive been told.. the serial number is velocity and the orig paint said regal so its a bit confusing... any opinions would be helpful .. and i deeply apologize for asking for an accurate re-count of history... this question was not intended to be offensive however i did know know i needed "practical use for this information" to ask a question on this board... thanks again MW
Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Registered

i would call the plant and ask for steve he will talk to you and answer this question for you he is easer to get to the phone early in the am good luck i would love to know the history my self as i am a owner, love the boat and the people at the plant that i have met so anything i can learn about the history is a plus
Old 07-31-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

I wish it would have stayed with regal! they cover their warranty issues!
Old 07-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rock hard
I wish it would have stayed with regal! they cover their warranty issues!
Don't know what kind of problem you had but I bought a 98 model 280 used in 2002 and found a problem with the gelcoat on the deck. I did not buy this boat from the factory and at the time did not even know anyone there. I called and talked to Steve himself about the problem and he had me bring him the boat. 2 weeks later I picked up my fixed boat and the only charge to me was for a new rub rail that I asked to have installed, and I had him order me a drop in carpet. I can't think of any other boat builder that would do that.

I am a Proud Velocity owner
Mark Ledford
Old 08-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Registered

I own a 1986 30! When I orderd the boat I thought I was getting A Steve Stepp Velocity ! What I got was (as I was told) the last hull layed up by Steve and the first riged by Regal ! I have found that Regal was not much help, and they realy did a poor job of rigging! Over the years I have collected a lot of trophys, often out running so called 100 mph. boats with my 75mph boat! My first win came in 87 at a local race on the Chesapeak Bay! I was 3rd in B class at the 89 worlds! My boat may be one of few Regal Stepp childs to have been run so hard and still survived, I know Steve liked his old 22 design best, but I still think my 30 is his best work! OPA P4-33 STEELIN TIME 1986 VELOCITY Stepp child!

Quick Reply: Velocity trivia...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.