Fastest Velocity? >

Fastest Velocity?

Notices

Fastest Velocity?

Old 12-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fastest Velocity?

That would be the boat, and since 2000 was the first year for the cut down deck that makes sense. The name also suits the guy, he looked like a Ray Ray. Does he have another V boat?
Are you the new owner of "Velociraptor" or the original owner? I liked that boat and from what I remember it was for sale pretty cheap.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered

the first year for the 390 was 1999 (i had the 2nd one built), i was the original owner of velociraptor F2-45 race boat. i sold the boat several years ago for a real good deal. i have had a 410 for three years, it has 500/502 h.p.s with 3-m pro chargers and coolers, the boat runs 90 mph on gps now. i am in the process of building new motors for next year, hoping to reach the century mark.
Ray Rye does not have any boat at the time.
talk to you later, joel ross
Old 12-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Fastest Velocity?

Tony M,
I have a 320 with a pair of 525 scs that have super chillers and good exhaust,I just installed Imco Extreme Drives and still dialing it in,it will go over the 100 MPH mark but not really sure what the full potential will be,I just might have to get Joel up here in the spring for a few days to help figure out a few things,he knows these boats like the back of his hand.I hope all of you guys are coming out to Velocity fest this year it should be a good event.
Joel I wish you and your wife a happy holiday season,
Bill Weber
Old 12-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

thanks Bill,i hope you have a great holiday season also.
with a little luck maybe both of us will be running over a 100.your boat will be much more exciting of a ride than mine, maybe we can swap boats for a short run at the velocity run next year. look foward to seeing you.
Joel
Old 12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Hey Bill, I know you, I was just trying to coax you out. I am friends with John with the Kryptonite. He told me you were running right around 100 and he was asking me how, he didn't beleive you until I told him it is very possible. He has become and advocate for step bottoms now and doesn't beleive anything without a step can go those speeds with that power. I am hoping to finally go to Velocityfest this year! My power is on, now I just need to rewire, finish the steering and dial in some props.

Joel, I always liked your 39 and talked to you years ago in Key West. Ray Ray told me his boat had a flat deck or cut down deck, which from what I know was done in 2000?

ANyway, Happy Holidays to both of you and we only have about 3 months til it starts getting warmer!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Tony M,
I know who you are,you have the 260 with the outboards on it,and Whittenberger he is deffinetly hooked on step bottoms and egg beaters,I saw him in Key West running around in his buddies Hustler.Any way have a good Holiday season and we will see you soon.Joel we will have to do that,the 320 is like a 22 on steroidsand it gets loose like a catamaran,she is a handfull but it is alot of fun,talk to ya soon.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Fastest Velocity?

There was another boat in Ocean City called Full Gross, its a 30' Velocity.The owners name was Pat something or other. We did a set of 509 blown motors that made around 750 hp. That boat ran over 103. It had std bravos, 4 blade Spinelli's I think, with scoops, CMI exhaust. It worked well. I almost swear we ran it 107 mph.
I need to clarify that the motors were done at BMM Inc. in Glen Burnie when I was there.
(how's that Paul?)

Pwrbt33
Offshore Performance
1-877-GOFAST1

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 12-23-2004 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

We have many Velocitys down here in the Carolinas and have one older 26 thouroughbred that is running over a hundred with a blown 540. It was in Jacksonville last year.
And yes, we are planning on coming up to the Velocity fest next year. I have talked with Clay and we are planning our event down here on Norman about the end of June.
We may have a couple of Velocity's coming up for the Velocity Fest.
I am bringing my 41 up to boat with you guys.
See you then.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered

Check Boat Trader out!

A 2005 390 with a pair of 900 Sterlings for sale. That rig has to move!!
Old 12-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Registered

The guy that traded my first 390 in that I had. Took the 900 + hp engs. with 5s out When I got it but I think it ran 117 mph. My last 390 ran 91 but I never got a chance to tune it. Mike from Hulls propeller is going to tune for the new owner

Quick Reply: Fastest Velocity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.