Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wanted-244/)
-   -   Alpha 1 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wanted/191660-alpha-1-a.html)

littledcsrodshop 07-22-2008 03:35 PM

Alpha 1

I have a friend that is looking for an alpha 1 drive for his Sea Ray (1.47 ratio)... Anybody have a Good drive that they want to part with ??

unfortunatly the boat should have never had an Alpha on it due to the fact that it is a Heavy 26' cruiser with a big block in it... & on top of that it currently has somewhere around a 2.0:1 ratio that somebody put on it when it broke the first time... Go figure why the drive broke... It really needs a bravo , or better yet a bravo 3 would work good but he is looking for an easy install to get back on the water as soon as he can..

VetteLT193 07-23-2008 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop (Post 2631509)
I have a friend that is looking for an alpha 1 drive for his Sea Ray (1.47 ratio)... Anybody have a Good drive that they want to part with ??

unfortunatly the boat should have never had an Alpha on it due to the fact that it is a Heavy 26' cruiser with a big block in it... & on top of that it currently has somewhere around a 2.0:1 ratio that somebody put on it when it broke the first time... Go figure why the drive broke... It really needs a bravo , or better yet a bravo 3 would work good but he is looking for an easy install to get back on the water as soon as he can..

I have one for sale. where is he located? I bought an almost new drive with a nosecone on it for my boat. I'm replacing my old alpha, which has been perfectly fine. I really just wanted the nose cone because it looks cool... I stumbled upon the whole deal really. My drive is still attached to my boat, which is in Key Largo.

littledcsrodshop 07-23-2008 01:43 PM

We are located in Athens ,TN 37303

He is needing a gen 1 (I forgot to put that)

What kind of $$ ?? Also what kind of shape is it in , what kind of power is it behind & do you have any pics. ??

spazboz 07-23-2008 08:17 PM

I've also got an Alpha One that came off of a 32 Sera Ray with twin 260's. 400 hours on the drive. Excellent working condition. Drive is coated with bottom paint. Located in Michigan. PM if interested.
Nick

VetteLT193 07-24-2008 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop (Post 2632597)
We are located in Athens ,TN 37303

He is needing a gen 1 (I forgot to put that)

What kind of $$ ?? Also what kind of shape is it in , what kind of power is it behind & do you have any pics. ??

Mine is Gen 1. no bottom paint. 350 Mercruiser pushing a 20' Donzi Minx (i.e. a light boat).

I checked the water pump (impeller was perfect so I didn't change it) and changed the fluid, it has about 2 hours of run time after that. The only issue with it is the skeg is shorter. I had planned on putting a skeg guard on it until I got the other drive.

I was thinking $600?

CIG3 07-24-2008 12:03 PM

I have a complete upper hat is in really nice shape. Located near Cleveland. $200 plus shipping takes it.