Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Alpha 1

Gold Member Gold Member littledcsrodshop's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Saber, 15 Allison, 22 Velocity

Alpha 1

I have a friend that is looking for an alpha 1 drive for his Sea Ray (1.47 ratio)... Anybody have a Good drive that they want to part with ??

unfortunatly the boat should have never had an Alpha on it due to the fact that it is a Heavy 26' cruiser with a big block in it... & on top of that it currently has somewhere around a 2.0:1 ratio that somebody put on it when it broke the first time... Go figure why the drive broke... It really needs a bravo , or better yet a bravo 3 would work good but he is looking for an easy install to get back on the water as soon as he can..

Registered
    My Boats:
    1987 Donzi 22; 2008 Donzi 28 ZXO
    Quote Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop View Post
    I have a friend that is looking for an alpha 1 drive for his Sea Ray (1.47 ratio)... Anybody have a Good drive that they want to part with ??

unfortunatly the boat should have never had an Alpha on it due to the fact that it is a Heavy 26' cruiser with a big block in it... & on top of that it currently has somewhere around a 2.0:1 ratio that somebody put on it when it broke the first time... Go figure why the drive broke... It really needs a bravo , or better yet a bravo 3 would work good but he is looking for an easy install to get back on the water as soon as he can..
    I have one for sale. where is he located? I bought an almost new drive with a nosecone on it for my boat. I'm replacing my old alpha, which has been perfectly fine. I really just wanted the nose cone because it looks cool... I stumbled upon the whole deal really. My drive is still attached to my boat, which is in Key Largo.
    Last edited by VetteLT193; 07-23-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Gold Member Gold Member littledcsrodshop's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Saber, 15 Allison, 22 Velocity
    We are located in Athens ,TN 37303

He is needing a gen 1 (I forgot to put that)

What kind of $$ ?? Also what kind of shape is it in , what kind of power is it behind & do you have any pics. ??

Gold Member Gold Member spazboz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    26' Wellcraft Nova II, Wellcraft 210 Elite, PowerPlay 185 XLT
    I've also got an Alpha One that came off of a 32 Sera Ray with twin 260's. 400 hours on the drive. Excellent working condition. Drive is coated with bottom paint. Located in Michigan. PM if interested.
    Nick

Registered
    My Boats:
    1987 Donzi 22; 2008 Donzi 28 ZXO
    Quote Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop View Post
    We are located in Athens ,TN 37303

He is needing a gen 1 (I forgot to put that)

What kind of $$ ?? Also what kind of shape is it in , what kind of power is it behind & do you have any pics. ??
    Mine is Gen 1. no bottom paint. 350 Mercruiser pushing a 20' Donzi Minx (i.e. a light boat).

I checked the water pump (impeller was perfect so I didn't change it) and changed the fluid, it has about 2 hours of run time after that. The only issue with it is the skeg is shorter. I had planned on putting a skeg guard on it until I got the other drive.

I was thinking $600?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member Platinum Member CIG3's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28' Cigarette
    I have a complete upper hat is in really nice shape. Located near Cleveland. $200 plus shipping takes it.