Notices

496 exhaust

Old 03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 496 exhaust

Looking for an after market exhaust for a 496. Prefer no silent choice. Let me know what you have please include price.

Thanks
Eric
Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of 496 CMI polished Sport Tube Headers with adaptors and tail pipes. These were used on a outlaw 25 with 496 HO for two summers. I'm thinking around 50 hours of use. They are fresh water headers and only been ran in Indiana. I have the adaptors that hook up to the corsa captains call and that is how I used them and I have the tail pipes the fits in place of the diverters if you don't have the captains call. These are in great condition and only reason for selling them is I changed power this winter to gen 6 block. Headers would still bolt up but would have to have custom tails made because of height difference. I would sell everything for 2800.00. I can send pictures by either email or text them to you if interested so text or call if you want to see them. 1-260-704-1853
Old 04-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Registered

I am also in the market for a set of headers for a 496 HO. I would like to keep my factory Corsa set up though. Was thinking Dana Flow Torques. Can get new for 2400.00 Polished. Do the CMI sport tubes sound much different than stock? Any noticable power increase?
Old 04-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Could tell there was a lot more power in the midrange but only picked up about 4 mph on top end. That's about all your going to get with any headers with a stock engine. CMI claims 40 to 60 hp gains on their web site. The sound is definitely better.