Warning- scanner using OSO

Notices

Warning- scanner using OSO

Old 04-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning- scanner using OSO

I have a "want to buy" ad posted for E top headers in the appropriate section. I listed my phone number as a couple people have asked for that to contact me. Today- I was contacted by a guy that sent several pictures of CMI headers and asked a reasonable price. It seemed legit and he even provided me with his username of "Daniel475". After telling him I was interested, he started telling me he doesn't use PAYPAL because he was once scammed using it. He got really pushy telling me to pay via bank transfer- I at that point decided it was BS. I asked him to call and he had 50 reasons he could not. Just to test him I offered to come pick them up to save on shipping, but he said he will be in Greece and leaving asap.

I then contacted the REAL Daniel475 and he confirmed this guy was using his name as a front. We had a good laugh and I told the scammer that I sent the money to his account as he asked, and he is now trying to find it. Lol!

Anyhow, I didn't expect to come across a scammer from bangldesh (tracked IP) on offshore, because it's sort of a niche market. So buyer beware!

He was using the phone number of
865-590-9487, though I'm sure it will change.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably using a VPN service to change his IP. Can make it looked like where ever the VPN company hosts a server.