tunnel tabs on 31sxt >

tunnel tabs on 31sxt

Notices

tunnel tabs on 31sxt

Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunnel tabs on 31sxt

is anyone else running manual tunnel tables on this hull design and if so where is a good place to start testing them 1/2" down 1" down?? we are trying to get the boat to get on plane faster. will setting the tabs down help this and will it hurt topend performance?? boat has a pair of procharged 500efi's making 800hp each. after adding the prochargers we could not get the boat to quit porpusing no matter how low we set the tunnel tabs, so this winter i put 1.5" spacers on the drives (has 2" shortie lowers) and the porpus is gone tabs are set at a neutral position. but running 34 pitch 5 blades seems like it plowes the water forever trying to get on top but is much better than without the spacers. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks shawn
Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

I run manual tabs and plane very quickly. I adjusted them to get them in the best position but can't remember approximately how they are set. I can put a straight edge on them this weekend and try to get an idea. I had a bit of porpoise but lowered my drives an inch and adjusted the tabs and corrected it for most water conditions. My boat takes a good set and rarely porpoises now. I also have shorty lowers. Also, my boat hated 5 blades! I have heavily labbed 4 blade bravos which have been repitched to near 38. I should switch my gearsets and go to a smaller prop but have too many projects. Oh, Yea... I lost a couple MPH it seems by dropping the drive height and adjusting the tabs but I am sure all of it was from the drive height drop. Way worth it though.

I see you are from Kansas. Your not the guy I met at the Grand lake Poker run two years ago with a 31 are you?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

thanks for the info. may have met you at grand. the boat is kept there. it is a yellow 31'sxt. 2 winters ago i put prochargers on it for a friend of mine that owns the boat n ran the spring fling poker run that year and have been tryn to get the best of both worlds out of it ever since. i am not sure if he ran anyother poker runs in 06 or not. we were down there last weekend and took it out a few times. we were headed to island joes to eat supper sat evening bout 7 and hooked it up with another cat (my daughter said it looked like a rainbow). was a blast, the gps antenna is bad on the boat so i cant say for sure how fast we were going, but didnt seem like either of use were pullin on each other. damn good time. i would like to visit with you on your setup sometime. seems like it is trial and error trying to figure everything out on this boat. let me know and i could give you a call. thanks shawn
Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Yes yellow, that was the boat. I forgot to measure the position of my tabs. You can call me at 405 359 9793 eves until around 9:30. Weekend cell 405 613 3457 anytime Fri - Sun. i do have some opinions on your setup.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered

My friend has a 28 foot warlock and he loves his tabs. His boat actually goes faster with the tabs on the boat.