Bilge pump installation >

Bilge pump installation

Notices

Bilge pump installation

Old 08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bilge pump installation

I am the current owner of the 25' World Class that was formerly F1-44 in Offshore Factory 1 Class. The question/problem is that the bilge pump has apparently quit. The pump is an Attwood 500 "fully automatic". First concern is that seems to be a low pumping capacity for a 25' boat. Another concern is that it is wired to a two position (on/off) rocker switch. When it was working it didn't work unless the rocker switch was in the on position. It never worked automatically. Have any other Warlock owners experienced this. This rocker switch is mounted just to the right of the steering wheel. I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly that the pump was installed by Warlock.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 27 had a automatic with a float and also had a rocker switch ,not sure of the size but seemed to work well.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine got stopped up with a paper towel, Is the pump running with the switch on and just not pumping if so in my have trash in it, I back flushed mine and it started pumping. Mine is a rule pump automatic. A automatic pump should be wired to the battery and will be ready even with the battery switch in off position. I also have a toggle switch on the dash to turn it on manuely if the float sticks with the battery switch in on position.