Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Warlock
What you think? SXT Cat, World Class, or Nordic heat? >

What you think? SXT Cat, World Class, or Nordic heat?

Notices

What you think? SXT Cat, World Class, or Nordic heat?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you think? SXT Cat, World Class, or Nordic heat?

Hi folks! I have waited all summer until now to find a good deal on a boat. I am looking in the 27 - 30 ft range. I have it narrowed down to a Warlock SXT Cat 28 with a 700 HP 540, IMCO box (?) and bravo one drive - supposed to go 93MPH. Also, a 2001 Warlock World Class with a stock 496 HO Mag 29 world class. Both with less than 200 hrs (SXT has 140). Also, I am considering a Nordic 28 heat 2001 - because they look so damn good. All within $1,000 of each other at $26K-$27K. Since I live 30 minutes to Lake Tahoe and the waves here have beat the snot out of me several times in a 24 ft boat, what do you guys think? One more thing, the Cat interests because of its sheer power. I hated my last boat because it was so lackluster in performance and it had ~350HP.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

The cat will ride smoother then the same length v. You will be supprised a 26' cat will ride compared to a 24 V The good thing about plenty of power is you do not have to use it.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

The nordic heats I haver seen tested and the couple I have been on have been real slow for the power and the look of the hull. Not sure if its just a real heavy boat. The newer ones seem to be better built but a little lackluster. The Warlock is amazing in 2 to 4 footers. Drives like a 35. Decent cabin. The hull has won many races and is a pleasure to drive. its also pretty fast on good power but on a 496 (425)It might hit 70.I have owned the cat as well and it is fast but not much function. Its a cat so unless you go to a AO or something along those lines they are pretty basic and unrefined.