Going to Lake Havasu and Folsom Lake >

Going to Lake Havasu and Folsom Lake

Notices

Going to Lake Havasu and Folsom Lake

Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Lake Havasu and Folsom Lake

Sanity and reason convinced me to sign up for Tres Martin's boating course on Lake Havasu on April 25 and 26th. I will
stay a couple of days longer to explore Havasu. Maybe even do a little fishing off my boat! Will have both dogs - black labs - with me.

27 Daytona (Doug) and 28V (Lane) perhaps you will be there? I remember a thread where one of you said you go to Desert Storm every year and I think it starts on the 27th or 28th.

Also, I should have all the minor things fixed - both impellers replaced ( I did one, but the other is just too difficult to get at so I will have my local boat shop do it), R&R'd the faulty bilge pump, and put new caps on the safety lanyards ( Still not done with them yet, I don't like the fit of the caps - they are a little too small and I broke one replacing it so I may replace both switchs and caps. I just ordered a handful of new ones to keep on board just in case....

But, as soon as it warms up again - got 3 inches of snow here on the Mount Rose Hiway in Reno0 NV today - hopefully in two or three weeks - it looks like I will be ready to go to Folsom Lake. Anyone intersted in going to folsom? As soon as it hits 70 degrees I am gone (To Folsom)!

Next step is to get a new set of props from BBlades for Lake Tahoe...

Rick
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick, I'm in for Desert storm and that is usually my 1st outing for the year. We typically head out of sac. on Wed. morning, the street party is Thursday and the run on Friday. we head back on Sunday. I'll meet you at Folsom anytime, I live pretty close to the lake. Brad Johnson, Pig Iron Racing is a really good mech. in the Tahoe and truckee area. He gets more speed out of thin air than anyone. Keep looking for spring, it's just around the corner. I just ordered a set of 17X35 five blades mercury CNC props. Hope they're fast. Doug
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Rick, I'm in for Desert storm and that is usually my 1st outing for the year. We typically head out of sac. on Wed. morning, the street party is Thursday and the run on Friday. we head back on Sunday. I'll meet you at Folsom anytime, I live pretty close to the lake. Brad Johnson, Pig Iron Racing is a really good mech. in the Tahoe and truckee area. He gets more speed out of thin air than anyone. Keep looking for spring, it's just around the corner. I just ordered a set of 17X35 five blades mercury CNC props. Hope they're fast. Doug
5 blades eh? Doug, tell me about your boat! I am keeping a close eye on the weather at Folsom... Its supposed to be 66 degrees there this Sunday. As soon as it hits 70 on a weekend, lets go!

As to Desert Storm, the Tres Martin course is Mon and Tues, I am planning on staying until Thurs and may be able to stay longer.

Rick

Rick
Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Doug, I think I am going to go to Folsom Lake this Sunday. I will MP you and give you my phone number. The only area open it appears if the Granite Bay entrance. Dike 8's water level is too low for the dock. By the way, 17 inch blades with a 35 pitch - you have got to tell my about your boat!

Rick
Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Received your PM. I'll call and will try to meet up at the lake but I have a Super bowl party on Sunday. Granite bay launch is the closest launch if you are coming down I-80. Doug 916 539-2540
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Rick, if you have nt got any new props for your boat yet, and if I still have them, I can bring the set of 22P bravo 1's I have if you want to try them. I should be out there with my boat at desert storm.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobsbillets
Rick, if you have nt got any new props for your boat yet, and if I still have them, I can bring the set of 22P bravo 1's I have if you want to try them. I should be out there with my boat at desert storm.
I really appreciate your offer! But, at Desert Storm I have props for that elevation. I need 24 p props here at Tahoe. If you had 24pitch I would be asking you if I could buy them! I will probably contact BBlades and get a set of 24 p next week. Again, thanks for your offer!

Rick

Last edited by TahoeRick; 02-06-2011 at 11:50 AM.