38ft Warlock Express Cat

Old 06-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

PM Sent
Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Check your inbox for my contact info, or send me a PM please. Would like to check it out in person if still available.

-K
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

SOLD!!!

After dragging it 400 miles home across 4 states, I started to wonder what the heck was I thinking.... Have a soft spot for wayward Warlocks I guess.. Anyways she is very solid and a blank canvas, inside and out.

Now the first question is should I go Double or Triple Duramax's?
Anyone know the production numbers or history on this model? Google has nothing..

-KT

Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, will be an interesting project to follow.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
SOLD!!!

After dragging it 400 miles home across 4 states, I started to wonder what the heck was I thinking.... Have a soft spot for wayward Warlocks I guess.. Anyways she is very solid and a blank canvas, inside and out.

Now the first question is should I go Double or Triple Duramax's?
Anyone know the production numbers or history on this model? Google has nothing..

-KT

500 HP and 1000 ft lb are very easy to do with a stock duramax. Check which model has the stoutest bottom ends. After 500 HP you would need to start with fresh new builds specifically set up for your HP target. Major HP and Torque are very easy. New turbo, big injectors, high cap pumps. Then, how do you route exhaust?? And what drive is going to stand up to even 500 HP and 1000 ft lb? My 2012 HD2500 has a tuner at the lowest setting and I have 450 HP and ~ 880 ft lb with a DPF! On the highest setting it has 510 HP and ~ 960 ft lb. truck hauls ass!

Last edited by TahoeRick; 07-26-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Registered

Rick,

All good points, and luckily I have some experience ironing out many of those questions over the past few years.

<<<<<<< See other boat.. YouTube Link

This will be our second 6.6 Duramax powered Warlock. With most of the bugs worked out, the 95 LXI now performs superb. Basically a nicely modified 2005 LLY with driver selectable tunes making reliable 450 - 650hp, gets 7mpg cruising, 3mpg at 80mph and is mated to a 1.26 ratio XR that's somehow still together. Weighs in at 4500lbs with a red line of 3800R's. It's fun, economical, and fairly quick, but it's sorta that sketchy fast, which multiplies in choppy conditions.

This 92 project above came with a pair of SSM 3's 1.50:1 ratio [which once I swap gears down to 1.0:1 would probably last about 50 hours] and a set of 1:1 velvet dive trans to mate with those SSM' drives. Trannies would need some beefing to handle 1200 ft lbs of torque. So now the question is how to best rig a soon to be 9500lb cat with a pair of lets say 2008 LMM's making 600/1150 respectfully and achieve equal or better performance to that boat half it's size. Shaft overdrive options being my main priority, and probably a set of ASD8's is running a close second. Worthy suggestions are always welcome, she is still just blank canvas..

Once it's floating I'm guessing that early 90's Tom Stolarz era haul design should iron out all the choppy water issues quite nicely...

Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Rick,

All good points, and luckily I have some experience ironing out many of those questions over the past few years.

<<<<<<< See other boat.. YouTube Link

This will be our second 6.6 Duramax powered Warlock. With most of the bugs worked out, the 95 LXI now performs superb. Basically a nicely modified 2005 LLY with driver selectable tunes making reliable 450 - 650hp, gets 7mpg cruising, 3mpg at 80mph and is mated to a 1.26 ratio XR that's somehow still together. Weighs in at 4500lbs with a red line of 3800R's. It's fun, economical, and fairly quick, but it's sorta that sketchy fast, which multiplies in choppy conditions.

This 92 project above came with a pair of SSM 3's 1.50:1 ratio [which once I swap gears down to 1.0:1 would probably last about 50 hours] and a set of 1:1 velvet dive trans to mate with those SSM' drives. Trannies would need some beefing to handle 1200 ft lbs of torque. So now the question is how to best rig a soon to be 9500lb cat with a pair of lets say 2008 LMM's making 600/1150 respectfully and achieve equal or better performance to that boat half it's size. Shaft overdrive options being my main priority, and probably a set of ASD8's is running a close second. Worthy suggestions are always welcome, she is still just blank canvas..

Once it's floating I'm guessing that early 90's Tom Stolarz era haul design should iron out all the choppy water issues quite nicely...

Wow, that's the first diesel powered sport boat I have seen. Doesn't mean there are not others - just first one I have seen. No smoke either! I have always been a truck guy, saw too many fatal accidents and always wanted some metal around me. Saw a dodge 5.9 getting 26 mpg and went out and bought a new 2008 Chevy HD2500. I won't go back - I would have to spend ~$8000 for a suburban to perform like my truck and it would only get half the mileage of a diesel.

Can you imagine a diesel that has a redline of 4600rpm? And these motors are built for severe duty.

As a gear head, way cool boat!

Last edited by TahoeRick; 07-27-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
Wow, that's the first diesel powered sport boat I have seen.
That 95 Warlock was the first sport boat to ever be fitted with a Duramax Diesel. Guys who rigged it back in 06/07 "PPE" did it up for Diesel Power magazine, then she went on the SEMA show tour for a couple years and had a total of 50 hours on it in back in 09 when I found it on eBay. Couldn't resist the deal since I have a somewhat unlimited supply of cheap diesel fuel..

Diesel Power Feature Link

Long story, but after fixing some small design flaws, she has won me over for an all round great performing boat. Not breaking 100mph yet, but it's just a bigger turbo away if need be. She actually runs faster with 6 passengers than solo. However finding two willing participants to set quietly in the bow for some extra weight at 85+ is getting harder to come by. Is the reason for a longer boat this build, I can sucker them into the cuddy for cold beers and lock the door....

It's not listed on any boat sites yet, but the 95 LXI Duramax is up for sale to fund this new build. I've got well over 40k in it, but will consider any reasonable offers once you go for a test ride. That part is mandatory, cause until ya drive it, you can't appreciate what's on the other end of that throttle stick. Comes with 1month of free fuel, or a full tank as I call it...

-KT

Last edited by kidturbo; 07-28-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like she found a good home- congrats with the project.

That's one big Warlock!

Lane
Old 07-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Did a quick side profile comparison tonight between the 38 cat and our 210 LXI. Trying to understand why Warlock used such a tall cockpit area in the 38. Even with stand up the bolsters, your barely looking over the rail never less the windscreen. Best I can tell, they are proportionally identical to their lengths. Basically the same side profiles, like they just stretched the drawings out on a Xerox,.

The smaller LXI measures 2' 5" on the rear corners from haul pad to top of engine compartment, 3' at drivers seat area. On the 38, it measures 4' 2" just from the pad to the deck, and 5' 6" to the highest point of the cockpit. Which practically makes it impossible to get from cockpit to the bow, even without the windscreen installed.

So do ya cut it down a foot and a half to the deck and go for a modern roadster look, or leave the cockpit alone, keeping the stand up design while installing a head behind the helm like the wife wants?? If ya keep the cuddy cabin, it needs some hatches cut out. If chopped down, ya pretty much scrap the 24' interior space but get bucket seats and modern look...

-K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.