Warlock 32 sxt question >

Warlock 32 sxt question

Notices

Warlock 32 sxt question

Old 05-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warlock 32 sxt question

Looking at a 94 Sxt with twin 500 blue motors. Boat been sitting for around 4 years. It does need some TLC but says there no rot. My question is what kind of speed will this boat do and how much you think it's worth he wants 18obo. Any other issues with this model I should know about. Thanks
Old 07-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

Boatrider, I assume we are talking about a 31sxt right? With that power it should be a mid nineties boat set up correctly. Since it is a 94' I assume these are carbed 500's. I know 500efi's are 470 at the prop, I assume the earlier ones are similar ballpark. I owned a 31sxt with 525sc's (490 at prop) for over a decade. Great boat. If set up correctly a five year old could drive it. Mine initially ran 103-4 but porpoised more than I like and had a hard time coming out of the hole. I lowered my drives and made some tab changes (Mine had fixed tabs on each side of the pod). Mine would then run 100 most days (98-99 if 100 degrees plus) but took a great set and never porpoised. Literally, I dropped the drives, planed out, trimmed to neutral and drove all day. It was a great boat. I had IMCO boxes and IMCO SC drives spinning out. I was running very large 4 blade props but could have run smaller if I changed gears. (Never got around to it). The cabin on these boats is a little bigger (headroom) than the 33 and even 36 Daytona. These are very predictable, stable hulls. I have owned 5 cats so far and this is easily the easiest handling cat I have ever driven. Friends of mine who have run hard in this boat would attest at how well (mine at least) handled. I would say 18k could be a good price or not. A 21 year old boat could be well maintained or have big enough problems that it is not worth fixing. Hope this helps!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

I'm right there with Okie on this...I run stock 496 HOs in my 31 SXT and run a solid 86 MPH everyday (90 in right conditions). Before buying this one I tested one with 500 EFIs and ridiculously high X dimension...we ran 106 with light fuel and (3) adult men, but it took forever to get out of the hole. Most Warlocks were built without an inner liner, so depending on the environment the floors, stringers and transom may be suffering from moisture related issues (get a survey). People discount the center pod cat, but I love it. It handles predictably, flat in the corners and provides excellent access and function to the cabin. Over the years Warlock changed the steps and even notched some transoms, can't tell you why or the pros/cons of either.