Notices

Docks in Havasu

Old 08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Docks in Havasu

Looking for some help from the group. Who does short term/daily dock rentals in Havasu? I know London Bridge will rent docks to guests but when LB is full we stay at the Hampton. Trying to figure out what my options are for docking over the weekend.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Default Havasu

The rates at the marina are $35 per day and they do give monthly deals, but here is the ***** of it all. It is ONLY on a first come first serve basis. You CAN'T make reservations for the docks. The only way to do it is be there yourself with your registration, insurance, photo id, and the boat. When they have seen all of that and can verify that it's actually you, then you get the dock. I tried to get around their policy any way possible because I have friends who live out there and no way no how.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out next weekend when I am out there.

If no alternatives pan out looks like I'll be standing in line at 4:00 am labor day weekend!

Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Good luck getting a dock at the marina in a performance boat. A few years ago I tried to get a slip at the marina - They said they had some open and then asked which boat was mine. I pointed it out and then they said that they were all out of slips for my boat.

If the marina doesn't work out for you, trying the London Bridge Resort is your best optin unless you are staying at the Nautical and want to keep the boat on the beach.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Staying at the Hampton. LB has been booked for like 3 months for Labor Day!

I'm on a mission to find a better way on the 11th when I am out there. I'll post my findings.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Registered

I couldn't get a slip once, so I just anchored my boat off the beach from the Hampton Inn (I believe). Put the mooring cover on at night and didn't have any problems all weekend (Memorial weekend).
Old 08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by egrus
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out next weekend when I am out there.

If no alternatives pan out looks like I'll be standing in line at 4:00 am labor day weekend!

On Labor day week end they will probably be out of docks on Wednesday before the week end. I would try Wednesday early morning if you are to have any chance at all.

I have an empty slip there, they won't even let me put my boat in it because they say it is 3 feet over the slip maximum and I can't let anyone else use it.

You might also try Sand Point Marina, only about 15 miles South of town (1/2 way to Parker). They have rental slips, but only for boats up to 24 feet.
Good Luck
Old 08-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by egrus
Staying at the Hampton. LB has been booked for like 3 months for Labor Day!

I'm on a mission to find a better way on the 11th when I am out there. I'll post my findings.
last I checked I think last night.... on their web site if you go to reservations... LB still has single bedrooms still available for labor day then maybe you could get a boat slip as well. Ill be there my self with my possy Ive always wanted to stay there with the convenience of having a boat slip in front of kokomos where I could see my boat while im having some shots....
Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. We are booked already at Hampton with 6 others... will be a pain in the a$$ to reorganize everyone. I will be there next holiday though for sure. Launch ramp on big weekend = no bueno! I'll be there though.

You can call me for a ride when gaurdian mode fires up for you.

JK!

Last edited by egrus; 08-10-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Registered

lol ill bring the tow rope dont worry. Yea I made sure to book my stay about a month ago, i tried getting a 2 bedroom suite with the channel view but it just didnt happen I got stuck with the standard 2 bedroom facing away from the channel.... oh well atleast I wont have to walk to far from the bars . give me a holler when you see me my boat says "F&L Machine Inc." on the back, she'll be parked in front of kokomos.

Quick Reply: Docks in Havasu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.