WTF is going on at Havasu? >

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Notices

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was on the west coast once, nice but couldnt pay me to live there, the pacfic ocean you can keep,nothin like the east, beachs way better, board walks, and i boat in the best body of water in the world, the chesapeake bay......
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya I have been going to havisu for years, but its just gone down hill with the idiots taking over.. Seems like they are giving boats out with every welfare check go figure..

But to me lake mojave is much better except for the busy weekends (all lakes suck at that point)
Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I believe it's been this way for a very long time, but we just turnned a blind eye towards it, I bet us old timers still have the experiance to handle any of the punk a$$ chit they want to hand out!! "Thats all I have to say about that" Forest Gump!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

One day when I get you there I want to see the parker strip and all the flatties
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

If you get to parker stop at the Roadrunner Floating Dock Bar and Resturant, sit and have a drink and watch all the boats run by. They also have dock for the boats to tie up to. Great place to talk boats and motors when they pull in and tie up.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM

Default west coast

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Was on the west coast once, nice but couldnt pay me to live there, the pacfic ocean you can keep,nothin like the east, beachs way better, board walks, and i boat in the best body of water in the world, the chesapeake bay......
TCWCAR you are right I wouldnt pay you to be here on west coast. So stay on the left coast.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powdercoat777
ya I have been going to havisu for years, but its just gone down hill with the idiots taking over.. Seems like they are giving boats out with every welfare check go figure..

But to me lake mojave is much better except for the busy weekends (all lakes suck at that point)
It's reall better these day's compared to day's past. There are still some idiot's but mostly come on the holiday weekends and are from Calif. But then again we only boat during the week.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cobbs
Boating on the Mississippi river and in the LOTO its clear that midwest people are a lot more chill. Ive heard from a few people that Havasu is an amazing lake during the week and then the weekend and holidays there are so many A$$ hole locals and people from out of town that tow there boats there its just pointless to go there anymore. If the lake was a little bigger it wouldnt be a big deal but a small lake with a lot of powerboats just isnt a good combo.
Lake itself is 26 miles long, so there are always places to go and get away from the crowds which hang out in the Channel, Copper Canyon , Steamboat and up the river above the Lake. Most of the local's pretty much stay off the Lake on the weekends and let the Cali. people fight it out. Boating during the week is awesome!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Registered

My $.02...I'll tell ya we hauled all the way from Texas pre July 4th, stayed a full week and had a great time @ London Bridge. Many days all the way up to pirates and back, no problems. Drove to Laughlin one mid-week night for some dice rolln and back on the water the next day. I'd do it all over again as we never ran into anyone rude. One group even went out of their way to show us an easier boat ramp.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by high bid
My $.02...I'll tell ya we hauled all the way from Texas pre July 4th, stayed a full week and had a great time @ London Bridge. Many days all the way up to pirates and back, no problems. Drove to Laughlin one mid-week night for some dice rolln and back on the water the next day. I'd do it all over again as we never ran into anyone rude. One group even went out of their way to show us an easier boat ramp.
There you go!!! Glad you had a great time!!