WTF is going on at Havasu? >

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Notices

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Thanks for responding. You did not mention anything about my question concerning exhaust noise. Must be that the nudity, fighting and OUI's heavily out weigh all/most exhaust noise conerns? Just curious....I would not be too excited about hauling my boat all the way to Havasu just o have the police write me a ticket and order me to take my boat out of the water or something like that. Any knowleged on this would be greatly appreciated.
I run there about 6x,s a year and I have Drew Shotgun tips. I Have never had a problem with sound or the police.

I moved west from back east almost 18 years ago. People are more friendly back east for the most part. I think most of it comes from not trusting people out here though. I go back to see family once a year and it is almost scary the people coming up to you and asking if you need help. It takessome getting used to again, But it sure is nice.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Havasu was seriously trying to enforce the noise laws 2 yrs ago, but they just don't have the "manpower" to do it. I remember taking my 33 Powerplay to the marina and they tested it-- but I had mufflers, so I was okay. They told me that if I didn't have the mufflers, they would have told me to leave. It's not a real priority for the Police out there right now.

But-- if you start some big engines with no mufflers-- you may have a problem at the launchramp or marina from the local sheriff. If your baot is loud, it will obviously draw some unwanted attention in certain places.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 09-24-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

We got pulled over at the buoy line above the sandbar by the wildlife refuge patrol, he sound tested us and said we were to loud and we couldnt be on the refuge. We had shut down one motor too, so he was just reading off one... said we were at "About" 93 db's, 1 db too much! ... We continued to our beach after he gave us a warning, he had stopped almost all the performance boats that entered the buoy line. This was tho only time we saw them the whole summer.. I was out there for 9 weeks.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered

Thanks for responding. You did not mention anything about my question concerning exhaust noise. Must be that the nudity, fighting and OUI's heavily out weigh all/most exhaust noise conerns? Just curious....I would not be too excited about hauling my boat all the way to Havasu just o have the police write me a ticket and order me to take my boat out of the water or something like that. Any knowleged on this would be greatly appreciated.
There was a push for decible readiings for probably a 6 month period maybe a year ago, but that has now subsided. If you launch at the Marina there is a chance you will be tested. If you launch at Windsor Beach, I do not belive there is a testing program at this time that anyone is paying attention to.

Nudity?... yes, generally limited to Holiday Weekends and that has also been largely curtailed this year from more stringent enforcment.

Fighting? .... if you get drunk enough and stupid enough and get out of your boat looking for a fight you can probably bfind one - does that make Havasu unique amount boating hotspots?.

And if you are drinking and driving your boat you probably deserve to get the S*** beat out of you anyway.

Havasu rocks - you can run wide open with a light trim setup for 30 miles on any given day... that is one of the things that makes it so unique and fun

Gregg Reichman
Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Steve_H

Havazoo sucks. Nothin is better then LOTO

Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Havazoo sucks. Nothin is better then LOTO
I can see why you feel that way - no Cig's fast enough to run with the serious Guy's at Havasu. Must be depressing.

Gregg Reichman

Last edited by bidpro; 09-27-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Steve_H

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...33#post2286933

Old 09-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The only thing I know about Havasu is thru photos in magazines and what is posted here---just bits and pieces...never been there before.

I would like to bring my boat from Michigan to Havasu for a summer weekend just to see it and all the boats.

Can anyone tell me where a good place is to hang out on Lake Havasu to see all the hardware pass by? Would it be the channel where everyone beaches their boats along the sides?

Are the police hard after enforcing exhaust noise restrictions? I run a dual engine set-up...open headers with NO mufflers, but very a very smooth and tame idle.

You gotta do the Desert Storm Run at least once before you die. I towed my 353 thru pucking snow to get there from Green Bay Wi and it was worth every mile. It's just a different world.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bidpro
I can see why you feel that way - no Cig's fast enough to run with the serious Guy's at Havasu. Must be depressing.

Gregg Reichman
Cig maybe not (debatable), but I didn't here anyone running 209 at Havasu...and that's just the first mile.

Last edited by cullen_11; 09-29-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cullen_11
Cig maybe not (debatable), but I didn't here anyone running 209 at Havasu...and that's just the first mile.
This had nothing to do with wether or not you can go that fast at the Lake. Dave Scott, David Callen etc. are friends of mine from Racing. Dave Scott goes where the biggest crowd is and runs his operation like a Business. If there was an event at Havasu, he would be there.

There are lots of places to run as fast as you can go on the lake. Keep in mind it is a relatively small body of water. THe simple point is that on any given weekend, nearly year round, lots of Guys and Gals with lots of very fast boats are there, and the Holiday Weekends are, well, unique to say the least. I have been to many, many boating Hot spots, Havasu is right at t the top of the list, not every element is there, like not a lot of Bars or Resturants on the lake, but the town is great and overall, the people are great.

I think the fact that so many people from Southern Calif boat there says a lot, they can run out of Long Beach, Dana Point, Huntington, etc. yet they tow to Havasu instead.

Why would that be the case if it is so bad?.

Gregg Reichman

Quick Reply: WTF is going on at Havasu?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.