Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Long Beach/Newport Launch Ramps? >

Long Beach/Newport Launch Ramps?

Notices

Long Beach/Newport Launch Ramps?

Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Davies is on 2nd and PCH, the ski race launches from the Queen Mary lot down on the other side of the harbor. You come out through Los Alamitos bay from Davies. There's some big spots there but it seems crowded with fishing boats.

I have been told that with my new dry pipes, I'd better stay out of Newport and Dana Point. Tickets coming and going for $250 a pop. But, when I had wet tails (and borderline useless Shotgun mufflers) I didn't have a problem in Newport.

Sunset Marine, down at the end of Edinger in HB is a pretty good place to launch as well. It's one of the shorter rides to the ocean. Lots of parking and 4 ramps. $10. It's just off Bolsa Chica Rd, which is just off the end of the 22.

Oh yah, and welcome to our ocean!

Give a shout here or on the Scope site (Scopeinfo.com) anytime you come down. Most of us post up when we're going out and will do runs to the island, yardhouse or wherever.

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 11-01-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Davies is on 2nd and PCH, the ski race launches from the Queen Mary lot down on the other side of the harbor. You come out through Los Alamitos bay from Davies. There's some big spots there but it seems crowded with fishing boats.

I have been told that with my new dry pipes, I'd better stay out of Newport and Dana Point. Tickets coming and going for $250 a pop. But, when I had wet tails (and borderline useless Shotgun mufflers) I didn't have a problem in Newport.

Sunset Marine, down at the end of Edinger in HB is a pretty good place to launch as well. It's one of the shorter rides to the ocean. Lots of parking and 4 ramps. $10. It's just off Bolsa Chica Rd, which is just off the end of the 22.

Oh yah, and welcome to our ocean!

Give a shout here or on the Scope site (Scopeinfo.com) anytime you come down. Most of us post up when we're going out and will do runs to the island, yardhouse or wherever.
dry pipes
Old 11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

You'll be able to hear me running from your house!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Registered

Stopped by sunset at the end of edinger today, looks like the place to go, The Woman inside was really nice and told me there is plenty of parking this time of year on the weekends and said when it warms up just give her a call a day ahead of time and she will save parking places for us. She said lots of go fast boats launch there and dont get hasseled about noise, A paul paff truck was there launching a noisy hot rod and did not seem to get a second look. the sheriff is right there too! I plan on going out on saturday. knock on wood
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered

Default Sunset Marinas

I launched there a few times practicing for the Catalina Ski Race and what I remember is that there was no fresh water outlets to Flush with. Maybe that has changed.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 AM
MM1
Registered

They have fresh water flushing areas there now but bring lots of quarters to feed the machine so it doesn't run out while flushing and you need your own hose. Good Luck Matt
Old 11-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Registered

Huntington Harbor (end of Edinger) has a pay to wash facility now, but it costs a couple bucks for a few minutes or something. We like it there 'cause it isn't far to the ocean through the harbor. It's only $10 for the launch and parking too, which is less than Newport Dunes.

Be sure to keep to the left of the channel after you go under the PCH bridge on your way out. The right side is restricted and patrolled by the navy.

John
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Platinum Member

Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro has a nice ramp also, lots of parking, but no water to wash or flush out.

Marina Del Rey has a very nice ramp, good parking and nice wash racks, bring quarters and a hose.

The Ramp just North of the Queen Mary in Long Beach is also a nice ramp, good parking, and wash rack, water is free, but bring a hose.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Registered

I like the Newport dunes, i usually stay the nite at the Hyatt so me and the ladies can party and hit the jaccuzi..!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
The Ramp just North of the Queen Mary in Long Beach is also a nice ramp, good parking, and wash rack, water is free, but bring a hose.
Agree, but pick your lane, it has a severe break-over angle and you can hang your trailer up

Quick Reply: Long Beach/Newport Launch Ramps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.