Notices

Lake Mead Status ?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake Mead Status ?

Anyone been out there yet? I'm wondering about the conditions, water levels, launch ramp conditions etc...I was there last Sept and heard Lake Mead Marina moved and the launch ramps are getting very shallow....Would like to hear more info if anyone has been out there recently...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know they relocated Overton Marina, did not hear anything about LM Marina. With ever changing lake levels, I'm sure they have all moved, but not relocated.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered

Calville Marina a week ago:
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
Calville Marina a week ago:

that looks pretty good...better than LM marina did last sept. are there any new charts for the low water levels or anything showing if there are any new underwater obstacles that previously did not exist ?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Lake Mead Marina moved about 3 weeks ago. They are now located next to Las Vegas Boat Harbor at Hemingway which is near Boulder City. Not sure if the launch ramps at the old location are still usable.

The lake is getting lower, actually saw someone hit some underwater rocks and get killed last weekend around the corner from Calville. Proceed with caution, I'd use a good GPS.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by Vapor
Lake Mead Marina moved about 3 weeks ago. They are now located next to Las Vegas Boat Harbor at Hemingway which is near Boulder City. Not sure if the launch ramps at the old location are still usable.

The lake is getting lower, actually saw someone hit some underwater rocks and get killed last weekend around the corner from Calville. Proceed with caution, I'd use a good GPS.
WHAT??? Was there any news articles written about it ?? Jesus man....that's rough, I think I'll be staying away from Mead...as much as I love it, I'd rather not damamge my boat or have a fatality....that's sux.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

Don't know I didn't even realize what happened until much later - I heard through a friend it was fatal.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
LZH
Registered

I can't believe the conditions are that dangerous and they haven't charted these hidden obstacles. Looks like I won't be boating at Mead anytime soon. Too bad, I love that lake.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 AM
Registered

Keep in mind that there is still 500+ feet of water in lake mead. Use good judgement and you will be fine. The only fatality I heard of was a fishing boat driving into a cliff. I go there all the time and there is PLENTY of water there. Also, with the water level changing, there is always clean beaches and undiscovered coves. I go there as often as I can. I use a Garmin 3206 with a G2 chart loaded in, works like a champ! Here is what it looks like:
Calville Bay marina:

Sandy to your left and the western end of the narrows to your right:
Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

I was at Las Vegas marina and what a joke! They have a sign for deep water launching and as you're lowering your trailer into the water your trailer is actually going up! It is horrendous! Stay away from that launch ramp at all costs. They spend a fortune to attract boaters. They have docks and restaurants and they can't even dig a hole??????
I was at Echo about a month ago and it was great. They had rearranged the docs so it was much easier to launch. It was all good at Echo. Too bad it's so far away from most boaters.
The lake itself is low but fine.

-Nick

Quick Reply: Lake Mead Status ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.