Notices

Hawaii

Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii

Does anyone know about offshore performance boating in Hawaii?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Not a lot of action in the Islands, Theres a few Scarabs south
of Honolulu And some RIBS on Maui and the Big Island and THIS-IS-TANK has a condo in Kona on the Big Island.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

We go to Maui every year and i have always had a thought of a killer Poker Run based on Maui running to the three neighboring islands- can you say rough water with the strong trades but it would be an event never to forget...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Registered

I'm here now and havent seen a single performance boat
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered

The last time I was in Maui I went for a cruise on a 70' cat and the water was rough. I asked the crew on the boat about any performance boats on the island and he said he only knew of one that ran out of the harbor we were at (he said it was a Cig). I also have a friend that lived and sold boats on Maui, and he said the water is just very brutal and it was not much fun running a boat there.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Does anyone know the cost of having a boat shipped there?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

I was just out there for 2 weeks (5/1-5/16). It was totally flat the whole time. I took some flying lessons and flew from Oahu to Molokai (near Maui). Totally flat water the whole way. Only saw one old Scarab in the marinas I visited. Most were fishing boats, Yachts and Sailboats.

This time of year, there is a lull in the trades between the winter and summer seasons. There is a transition where the big waves move from the north shore to the south shore.

The bad part was that the surfing sucked. Hardly any waves at all.

Last edited by Propster; 05-30-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Registered

perfectly flat water here at the moment.

Still not one performance boat sighted...actually, I couldn't even get a performance boat magazine anywhere...

What I can tell you is the bars to hang out at:

Senior Frogs (a bit trashy, but the upside is dirty girls!)
Yardhouse, identical to the one in Long Beach & Costa Mesa...good looking girls....friendly too
The W is good on weekends if you are into asian chicks but you have to dress up a little to get in
Dukes is also pretty cool for evening drinks before you go out.
finally, there is a bar across the road from Mooses, that rocks on after most are shut...Eddy Vedder was there two weeks ago singing till 7am. this girl i hooked up with had pictures of him and her hanging out at the bar. Cool huh?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

didn't Tony Robbins big mouth guru have a 47 Fountain in some marina there?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

My family has owned in Kona (on the big island) since the 60's. The water on the west side of the island is nice and it would be killer to run a boat there. I've been into Offshore boats since I can remember and always wondered why I'd never seen any offshore boats over there all those years. My dad said there was a guy that had a 35' Cig in the early 80's but that was the only one he'd ever seen.

A couple of years ago a buddy (who owned a Tiger at the time) and I were over there and he was SERIOUSLY looking into shipping the Tiger over for a month or so. Figured shipping would be 5-8k one way at the time.

We looked into it a little more and talked to some people. Supposidly they're VERY strict on what type of boats runs off the coast, something about you can only run at certain times of the year and have to be so far off the coast, etc. etc. Basically sounded like a real pain in the azz.

We're over there a couple times a year and I ALWAYS wish I could run the Cig! Here's some pics from our condo 1st) looking north/west across the salt water pool next door to us...2) My wife and daughter standing at the pool next to ours (that's Kristi Brinkleys old house in the back ground)...3) Just another sh!tty sunset! ....By the way, YES WE DO VACATION RENTALS!!
Attached Thumbnails Hawaii-img_2311.jpg   Hawaii-img_0491.jpg   Hawaii-img_1222.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 06-03-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Hawaii

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.