Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Over nighter to the Channel Islands.... >

Over nighter to the Channel Islands....

Notices

Over nighter to the Channel Islands....

Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Over nighter to the Channel Islands....

Short notice and I know it's 4th of July weekend but a few of us are heading out to Smugglers Cove on Santa Cruz Island on the morning of July 5th (Morning meaning like 11).

The plan is to head out, raft/anchor up with the big boats and start the party. We'll be close to the beach and there should be Kyaks and dingy's available to get to the shore. Dinner on our boats, cocktails and spend the night. Back whenever Sunday afternoon.

So far, commited to the trip are:

40 Formula SS
45' Sea Ray 450
50' Hatteras convertable
45' Unk. make cruiser
38' Cigarette Top Gun
35' Cigarette Playboy
38' Cigarette Top Gun
42' Fountain Lightning
38' Cigarette Top Gun

If you live anywhere in the southern California area this trip is accessable to you. You can launch from Channel Islands or Ventura harbor and after a 25-30 mile trip out to Santa Cruz Island (passing the scenic Anacapa Island) you will come across Smugglers Cove at the south tip of Santa Cruz Island. Known for calm waters (sheltered from the swell) and easy beach access, this location is the perfect spot for an over-nighter!

A few of us will depart from Channel Islands Harbor around 11 to 11:30 am Saturday the 5th. After bigger boats set anchor all are welcome to side tie and anchor up for the evening.
Attached Thumbnails Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-800px-santacruz-island-eo.jpg   Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-channelislandsca.jpg   Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-gmsantacruzisland.jpg  

Old 06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

More pics of and from Smugglers Cove...
Attached Thumbnails Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-imgp0483.jpg   Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-anacapa_from_smugglers_300111413_std.jpg   Over nighter to the Channel Islands....-highres_3689759.jpg  

Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey will you guys be hanging out on shore on your boats? I was thinking about doing catalina that weekend and stay over night never been to santa cruz island so it sounds interesting..
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 AM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Tank - thanks for the PM and info above - sounds like a great time. I need to check a few things being a holiday weekend and all, but I'd like to join you guys. I'll keep you posted!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
hey will you guys be hanging out on shore on your boats? I was thinking about doing catalina that weekend and stay over night never been to santa cruz island so it sounds interesting..
The large cruisers have dingys that we can get to shore...Or if the water is warm enough it's just a short swim in.

Catalina's going to be a ZOOOOOO and you'll most likely have to anchor up on the outside, which makes for a very unpleasent on board sleeping arrangement (rough!).

Bring the boat on out and tie up with us. The group that's going is a bunch of good guys. 3 of the 4 large boats owners also have or do own performance boats. Cocktails, hanging out, swimming...good times.

You can even drop the boat in the water Friday, watch the fire works show from the harbor and spend the night at either a hotel or on your boat at the guest docks near the launch ramp.

Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Tank
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Yo Tank - thanks for the PM and info above - sounds like a great time. I need to check a few things being a holiday weekend and all, but I'd like to join you guys. I'll keep you posted!!
Bring it on brother! I'd love to see the Playboy in person.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great getaway. Please post pics so I can get my crew to participate next time. Thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by derrickc
Sounds like a great getaway. Please post pics so I can get my crew to participate next time. Thanks
The camera(s) will be on hand for sure. I'll post pics!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Looks like the weather and water is going to cooperate very nicely!

From NOAA...

.SAT...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 2 TO 4 FT. .SAT NIGHT...W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. LOCAL GUSTS TO 25 KT WESTERN PORTION IN THE EVENING. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. .SUN THROUGH MON...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...EXCEPT W 10 TO 20 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT. PATCHY FOG.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Well, I have pics but can't upload them because OSO still hasn't fixed thier ish!!

Quick Reply: Over nighter to the Channel Islands....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.