Notices

Lake Powell Poker Run?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested. Post dates when you find out.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wahweap
Bigger and better for 2011; The run will include a leg to Dangling Rope Marina which is 80+ miles round trip. 80+ miles of some of the most extraordinary scenary on the planet (and really fast water). Antelope Point is pulling out all of the stops to make this one of the Colorado Rivers' best runs.
2010 Event was terrific--great helicopter photos, food, live music etc. all with the relaxed Lake Powell atmosphere. There was quite a variety of boats and lots of spectators in 2010--will be bigger and better 2011. Start planning now, it is going to be an epic event!
Lake Powell Challenge Sept. 17, 2011. I would like to check out Powell for this or Powellapalooza, depending on work schedule of course. Last year I think they rented out docked houseboats for people to stay like a floating city, will they be doing the same this year. Is the hotel at Antelope finished? JAIME
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered

No hotel yet; Powellapalooza is planned for the following weekend for 2011--poker run 9/17, music festival 9/23. Antelope Point has house boats for rent, so does Wahweap Marina (Wahweap Resort has very nice accomodations--there is also a campground). Page, AZ has reasonable motel type accomodations (sorry, no Four Seasons) and some actually not bad dining oppotunities. There is a need to book in advance--the entire town does fill up.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

dang, already planned a week long trip the second weekend of september. can you run with a pontoon boat anyways?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

Dam I was hoping to make it to Powell for this event, but work is slow. Maybe next year
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Not too late to get in on this extraordinary poker run. The Antelope Point people are telling me they are expecting 80+ boats for the event. I was there over the holiday weekend, spoke with an M35 owner who is planning to attend (so at least one REALLY fast boat will be there). Conditions are perfect, great water, terrific weather, stunning scenery/surroundings, party atmoshpere-- it is going to be a gret time!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wahweap
Not too late to get in on this extraordinary poker run. The Antelope Point people are telling me they are expecting 80+ boats for the event. I was there over the holiday weekend, spoke with an M35 owner who is planning to attend (so at least one REALLY fast boat will be there). Conditions are perfect, great water, terrific weather, stunning scenery/surroundings, party atmoshpere-- it is going to be a gret time!
Post some pictures of the run! Would like to run Powell and some of those other lakes out there.. but too d*mn far away!