Notices

Colorado Check-in?

Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.exploresoutheastcolorado.com/ordwaylakes.htm

I'll have to check out Chonchas lake. Merideth looks like its decent size but less than half is usable. Perfect for jet boats & jetskis. Usually my 24' boat is one of the larger boats there but I was shocked to see a big 38' Cigarette down there.

Last edited by Itsallgood995; 09-16-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by msconcepts
Blue Mesa is huge but cold as hell because she is right smack dab in the mountains!!!!! peep this link to some guys that document there ventures at horsetooth!!!!

http://www.chargeharder.com/trip_081911horsetooth.html
Looks like a killer time!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

This is Bear the co-founder of chargeharder.com. I noticed our site was getting quite a few hits from this thread. So, I came here to check it out. Thanks for the link and I hope you guys like what you saw on our site. We're just getting started and plan to do a lot more in the upcoming months.

Anyways, I thought I would try to talk to some of the concerns that came up in this thread. There was a question about how cold the water gets at Horsetooth. My answer is that in the middle of the summer it's NOT very cold at all. We routinely wakeboard there without even the thought of wearing a wetsuit. Early or late season is a different story, but that's the case for every lake in CO. We see 2 or 3 high performance, "go-fast" boats every time we go out there. I don't know a lot about these types of boats, so I can't really speak too much about them. The people that own them seem to be having a lot of fun. So, I would say it would be worth checking out. The cove/party scene is definitely far and above any lake I've found in Colorado to date. We have a blast every time we go up there.

I've yet to make it to Blue Mesa, but I've always heard it's pretty cold. We go up to Grand Lake/Shadow Mountain/Granby quite a bit and I think it's the same story. If you catch it on a warm day when the sun is shining, getting in the water is quite refreshing. But on an overcast or a cooler day a wetsuit may be warranted.

Last edited by bear86; 09-19-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Most guys with performance boats hang at either Chatfield Res or Pueblo res. I hang out with a group of about 10 guys all with mostly 30' and larger......formula, baja, donzi, eliminator cats, advantage, scarab, etc..... if we're not on chatfield we're down at Peublo.
The water temps at peublo are nice and toasty, and It's almost like a mini lake Powell (which is also one of the best places to go on an 8 hour drive!)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Registered

Hey guys, sorry I dropped out of this thread, I actually have been really busy.....BUSY BUYING A BOAT!!! Just got out on the water at Horsetooth for the first time today. Seriously, best day ever. I saw some go-fast boats out there, tried to talk to some of the folks, but didn't want to interupt the "cove scene" and wasn't sure of the etiquette regarding all that stuff.

There was some guy out there with a 28-30' fountain with twins, a smaller cat, an old baja Force, a baja outlaw, and my new to me checkmate 251 Convincor.

I'd love to meet up with some of you Colorado guys if you're around. Perhaps a Denver meet up maybe for beers or something of the like?

Seth
Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

I am glad to see that there is good boating in Colorado. My wife and I are trying to relocate up to that area for a few years. Hate to have to leave the boat behind
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

So anyone, Bueller??? Who is gonna be out this weekend? I met up with a 29 Fountain, 26 Nordic, and a 25 Cat this past weekend. Anyone going to be out this weekend? Hoping to get out Sunday if work and weather allows.

Seth
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
I am glad to see that there is good boating in Colorado. My wife and I are trying to relocate up to that area for a few years. Hate to have to leave the boat behind
Don't want to leave the Boat behind. I pretty much boated on Pueblo and I really did like it and did some boating on Horsetooth. We moved to Havasu over 8 years ago now from Breck. and never looked back. Talk about some real performance boats here!! But you guys knew that.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered

Hey guys! This weekend is the "Mile High Meet and Drink" at Horsetooth. So the Colorado wakeboarders should be out in force on Saturday and possibly Sunday too. I know we come from different sides of the tracks, so to speak. But we're always happy to meet new people. I'll be out on a bright orange Mastercraft X-Star. If any of you see me in the cove or out on the water, feel free to come say, "Hey". I hope everyone is doing good.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

I lived at Horsetooth for 15 years before moving to Texas. Durning that time there weren't many go fast boats--mostly jet boats and a few cat's(Luther Harris and Ron Brown from Harris Marine in Ft. Collins). I've gone back a few times with my 30' Baja OL and boated on Chatfield(which has a speed limit strictly enforced) and boated on Horsetooth(also suppose to have a speed limit but was never bothered. Most boats on Horsetooth were either ski boats or 30'+ cruisers and a few fisherman. Coves are nice, water is cold during the spring and fall but ok during the summer. One thing I found out about Horsetooth--if you want to ski or wakeboard, remember that rattlesnakes know how to swim!!!!!!
Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.