Notices

Any BC boaters here?

Old 11-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any BC boaters here?

Just picked up my first performance style boat and will be looking for fellow boaters around the Vancouver area to show me where all the best spots are this summer! Not afraid of some salt water either
Old 12-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes!!! I think they should add Western Canada to this section instead of having a singular Canada in the Eastern section. Rant off. I mostly go Vancouver to Nanaimo, launch in the Fraser. I do this because my brother lives in Nanaimo and can meet him for lunch. In around Vancouver the only real destination is Granville Island. 99% of my boating is done in Eastern Washington, Lake Chelan and the Columbia River. More people there and its less expensive and closer then Kelowna.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Makes sense. I plan on doin some WA boating this summer. Not a fan of harrison?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Registered

Harrison is o.k., not very busy, it gets boring for me with no people around. Harrison is only 20 minutes from my house, its a good spot. I like getting out of town. Real estate here and in Kelowna is over priced. Eastern Washington is 50% less real estate wise even after exchange rate. More people, boats around, just overall more interesting. So I mostly stick to Washington.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crazycanuck
Harrison is o.k., not very busy, it gets boring for me with no people around. Harrison is only 20 minutes from my house, its a good spot. I like getting out of town. Real estate here and in Kelowna is over priced. Eastern Washington is 50% less real estate wise even after exchange rate. More people, boats around, just overall more interesting. So I mostly stick to Washington.

Thanks. Good to know. What boat do you have?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blackedout02
Thanks. Good to know. What boat do you have?
Donzi 22 Classic and Bahner jet boat.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Sounds like fun
Old 12-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

I'm in Vic. We go to chelan every summer for the poker run. Awesome time and great people. Other than that we boat at cowichan and sproat lake. Might do a week at Shuswap this summer ( B.C. day long weekend).

James: 98 Baja Outlaw 25' supercharged 540.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by V.I. Outlaw
I'm in Vic. We go to chelan every summer for the poker run. Awesome time and great people. Other than that we boat at cowichan and sproat lake. Might do a week at Shuswap this summer ( B.C. day long weekend).

James: 98 Baja Outlaw 25' supercharged 540.
poker run sounds fun, and i definitely plan on a cpl shuswap trips
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

Great boating in the Gulf Islands, I generally launch at Crescent Beach, short hop across to islands, thru active pass is fun lots of nice scenery and ferries etc, lots of neat pubs to pull up to around Pender and Saltspring Island area as well as the chance to see lots of sea life. In the summer if you pick the right days the Straight of Georgia is like glass, which is quite common in summer.