Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Any Sacramento or Tahoe boaters here? >

Any Sacramento or Tahoe boaters here?

Notices

Any Sacramento or Tahoe boaters here?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Sacramento or Tahoe boaters here?

Spring is almost here and Lake Tahoe, Folsom Lake, and the delta are rising! I'm looking to make a few fast boating friends this year. Who's in the area?
Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. I do a bit of boating in that area. I boat mainly in the delta but do get to Folsom if the lake is full. Keep in touch. Doug
Old 01-30-2016, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

^^^ Mostly Central Delta.

Sac runs a couple times each year after the spring run off. We will do lunch and poker runs with Delta sport boat yacht club. They are a great group of people!

DSBYC http://www.dsbyc.net/html/index.php

As Doug said Welcome and keep in touch.

Matt
Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Registered

Sounds good Doug and Matt. I just bought my Warlock SXT from a guy in Canada and looking to join the Delta boat scene. Looking forward to doing a test run on Folsom Lake this month so I can see what she'll top out at in stock form before I install Imco powerflow exhausts, and Holly intake manifolds and carbs on the bone stock Mercruiser 502 magnums she's got. I went to the Big Cat Poker run last year and was in awe at all the boats that showed up there. -Shan
Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good idea to get a base line before any mods. Don't expect much with just exhaust and intakes. You might want to rethink that. Money may be better spent on props. Contact me when you head to Folsom. I may be up for a late winter run. Doug
Old 02-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Registered

That's the one thing I left out. The boat has Bravo One 26P props and I just bought a set of brand new Bravo One
28P props from a guy on craigslist for $500! Can't beat a good craigslist deal. The ex owner of the boat said it tops out at 83mph at 5100rpms. But that was at 4000 feet. I'm hoping to achieve a top speed of 95-100mph after Holley Dominator 950cfm carbs, dominator intake manifolds, rocker arms, stainless marine crossovers and 28P props. I'm looking forward to the changes!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great price on the 28 bravos. I would try them before you modify a 502 mag. The 502 mag will run for a long time until they are modified. I have never had much luck shoving extra fuel into an NA motor without lots of internal modification. Run the boat and enjoy it. Let's go boating. Doug
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome....

I launch at Bethel Island usually after Memorial day...suspect we may get a lot of debris in the river this year with all the rain...55 is fast cruise for my old V bottom so don't think you or Doug would see my transom much!

Putting together a fresh starboard motor- hope to get back in and running sometime in June.

Lane
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

I pass over the Sacramento delta everyday and the amount of debris floating down the river is crazy. Tree stumps, trunks, huge trees, and whatever else didn't wash out last year. I'm waiting til at least May to launch at Miller Park. Til then Folsom will do, and yes 27daytona I'll let you know when I do
Old 02-02-2016, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey everyone.
The central Delta is getting the care it deserves. They have a barge conveyer belt scooping up all the hyacinth and dropping it across the main channel by ladds marina. This is going to be done prior to extensive spraying this year.

With the funding from gov brown hopefully over the next two years it will be back under control..
As Doug and Lane know the delta is great until the hyacinth shows in September..

Not sure I'll make Folsom guys.but I am looking forward for a run with you fast cats!!
Keep posted on the debut of your SXT Shan.. Keep it simple , she'll be plenty fast as she sits once the alt props are swaped for 28p.

Cruise at 55?? Ok we can settle on 50 Lane...Twin V bottom?? Pretty cool! Boating time!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.