BBQ on the River >

BBQ on the River

Notices

BBQ on the River

Old 09-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BBQ on the River

Any of you Paducah crew know of any place to tie up this year at the BBQ Fest? That was always such a great time!!

Mitch
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Hoghead and I was talking about his over lunch the other day, it would be nice to get a run up if there was a place available...
Old 09-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
Hoghead and I was talking about his over lunch the other day, it would be nice to get a run up if there was a place available...
It seems like Hogg'ie should be able to fix us up at one of the Barge companys down there. We would always meet around 9.00am, lock through Barkley then tie up at the Big E. We've had as many as 20 to 25 boats on that run before.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shrimp fest at Golconda is Saturday. There will be a large group of IN and IL boaters there partying all night.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

I was at the riverfront on Wednesday and the dock is there... Last time we went there was a barge tied up to it and they wouldn't allow us there. The closest barge place is at least a 1/2 mile down river,and the places that were next to the riverfront on the righthand side are gone now.

Last time we tried this, Jeff James, or someone in his little clique, put a fat d i c k up our ass. The person that organized the whole run had it all worked out, but when we got there, everything changed and it wasn't pretty. The organizer :winkwink: did his best though.... It's the mother______'s like James that makes me wanna drop kick old ladies!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jonyb
Last time we tried this, Jeff James, or someone in his little clique, put a fat d i c k up our ass. makes me wanna drop old ladies!
Easy there big fellow,,,, who is Jeff James?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Owner of James' Marine's son, owner of Energy Fitness, big name around town. I have many reasons other than the BBQ thing that anger me about him. 1 being my wife's short employment with him. Heartless *******!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcourson
Shrimp fest at Golconda is Saturday. There will be a large group of IN and IL boaters there partying all night.
Have a great time Matt,, Be carefull!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
TC
Registered

I still feel terrible about that run two years ago. I was so outraged that I attended the City Commission meeting the following Tuesday night and explained to the Mayor and Commission that in total 21 people had been turned away from the Barbeque on the River. The following Commission meeting the City Manager presented a sketch on a dry erase board provisions that would be made for pleasure boaters the following year.....but still nothing. Yes, there is a dock that would enable more that twenty boats to tie up but there will be a huge tow boat tied to it.

Good luck to any of you planning to make the trip!

Last edited by TC; 09-16-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered

Don't feel bad Tony.... I think you did an excellent job planning this thing and I remember your going to the city commission meeting following it. What happened probably came from somewhere up top and 2 people up there failed to communicate.

On the bright side, we had a helluva time on the run there and back, plus I learned the river, something I never thought I'd do.

They keep talking about this big marina they're gonna build, but it's getting ridiculous. I watched one of the meetings on Comcast on day and by the looks of it, my grandkids might have a place to tie up. They can't do anything simple anymore, it's gotta be extravagant.

Quick Reply: BBQ on the River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.