The dock at the river and towboats >

The dock at the river and towboats

Notices

The dock at the river and towboats

Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker&Run
I am up for attending a council meeting. I would think if they would welcome boaters, we would have a pretty good showing at the bbq event. Interesting thing was, we were attempting to pull around the side of the dock closest to the bank and would have been 30-40 ft from the towboat. If memory serves me correctly, the captain who pulled this same routine several years ago with T Crowe cited Homeland Security as the reason they couldn't tie up. What about the thousand some odd people who boarded his boat for the tour that day.
I was there with T Crowe and group. The police cited homeland security and that it was at Marsac Level 1...the lowest and minimum level. I mentioned that to them and received a few comments, then it was all about Liability to the towboat. I made the same point...what about the thousands of people crossing the dock to board the towboat for a tour?

I think a letter to the editor is a good idea, but I think a city council meeting might go a little further.

MARSEC Level

Maritime Security (MARSEC) Level means the level set to reflect the prevailing threat environment to the marine elements of the national transportation system, including ports, vessels, facilities, and critical assets and infrastructure located on or adjacent to waters subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S.

MARSEC Level 1 means the level for which minimum appropriate protective security measures shall be maintained at all times. This is the normal operating MARSEC level for the port and is equivalent to YELLOW (Elevated) in the Homeland Security Advisory System.

MARSEC Level 2 means the level for which appropriate additional protective security measures shall be maintained for a period of time as a result of heightened risk of a transportation security incident. This is equivalent to ORANGE (High) in the Homeland Security Advisory System.

MARSEC Level 3 means the level for which further specific protective security measures must be maintained for a limited period of time when a transportation security incident is probable or imminent, although it may not be possible to identify the specific target. This is equivalent to RED (Severe) in the Homeland Security Advisory System.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Nice find Mark.... I wanna go to the meeting, but my wife will be in the hospital starting Sunday night and they're gonna induce her to have the baby Monday. If I can break away, I"d go to the meeting, but I won't know until a few hours before.

The time of the meeting was unsure when I talked to Richard. We'd have to call the mayor's office for that info and his number is above. There will be more meetings, so if everyone wants to attend and I can't, we could go to the next one, or you guys can have it this week. I'll be glad to make a move as long as I have people with me that aren't affraid to speak. I'd hate to get in there being the youngest or our group and be blown off.

We were down there again on Monday and yesterday and I forgot to look at the sign to see the exact wording, but there are numbers on the dock. "JM 500". I'm assuming James Marine owns this, but it may be leased to the city. I'm not too sure on how that works.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to have the baby Monday...
Congratz BIG Daddy ..Lets hope its a girl and she looks like MoM
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck on the youngin' John Boy!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Thanks fellers!! It's a boy by the name of Jake Runninhot..... Already have his life jacket on hot standby...

Here's the story from what happened in the eyes of the waterways journal from 2005 with TC and Torrian almost threw down on the dock with the towboat operators. TC had this deal worked out long before we went down there, but from the city to the towboats somebody screwed up:

Homeland Security Concerns Caused Paducah Confrontation
An assumption by a city commissioner and an apparent uninformed decision by a park manager (acting in place of the city manager) caused several moments of confusion and a confrontation between several pleasure boaters and the captain of a towboat that was docked for public tours during Paducah’s annual Barbecue on the River festival last month.

A couple hours after the boat was opened for public tours, several “go-fast” high performance boats arrived at the city front where their operators attempted to moor their vessels to or along the landing barge to which the Lillie Gail had been secured. TVT officials immediately informed the 30 or more boaters that they would not be allowed to tie up to the small flat deck barge, which normally serves as a temporary courtesy dock for use by boaters launching or retrieving their craft from the public launching ramp.

Although there are signs on the dock limiting tie-ups to 15 minutes, city officials had given permission to TVT to utilize the barge for the day’s activities….
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered

My understanding has always been that James Marine donates the use and maintenance of JM500 for the public use free of charge. I can do meeting next week or next month. Someone make the call. We will need to get on the dockett.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=jonyb;2704458]Thanks fellers!! It's a boy by the name of Jake Runninhot..... Already have his life jacket on hot standby...

Lets just say you wont have any dull moments & if ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!! are the first words out of the lil dudes mouth i was nowhere near Paducah 9 mos ago LMAO
Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker&Run
My understanding has always been that James Marine donates the use and maintenance of JM500 for the public use free of charge. I can do meeting next week or next month. Someone make the call. We will need to get on the dockett.
That's the same info I have...
Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2704791]
Originally Posted by jonyb
Thanks fellers!! It's a boy by the name of Jake Runninhot..... Already have his life jacket on hot standby...

Lets just say you wont have any dull moments & if ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!! are the first words out of the lil dudes mouth i was nowhere near Paducah 9 mos ago LMAO
That' funny sh!t right thar! If he comes out with Billy Idol hair I say Bill got's some 'splainin to do.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Anyone planning on making a river run this weekend?

Quick Reply: The dock at the river and towboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.